Madden 07 for 360 (venting) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden 07 for 360 (venting)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Atog » Sat May 12, 2007 6:48 pm

I've heard about the problems with 360 EA games before this thread. In addition to all of the other stuff, I'm not sure that I like how they added a bajillion extra stat categories, either. Every single player does not need a "play diagnosis" or "spin" rating or whatever. In NBA Live it's worse--you have stuff like "Baseline Jumper without Pressure", etc. :-t
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Sat May 12, 2007 8:03 pm

Atog wrote:I've heard about the problems with 360 EA games before this thread. In addition to all of the other stuff, I'm not sure that I like how they added a bajillion extra stat categories, either. Every single player does not need a "play diagnosis" or "spin" rating or whatever. In NBA Live it's worse--you have stuff like "Baseline Jumper without Pressure", etc. :-t

Haha, yeah it does make it harder to compare player abilities. I suppose it is more realistic though. Overall, its the least of my complaints. :-/
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun May 13, 2007 12:02 am

I agree, it's awful. It's basically the only reason my brothers and I decided to keep our PS2. I'll probably end up selling our 360 version.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby aaawall91 » Sun May 13, 2007 6:10 pm

As someone who has also been playing Madden for 5+ years and have argued for them against friends who support 2k and ESPN games, disappointment is all I've got to give.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby Karoz » Fri May 18, 2007 9:01 am

Utter disappointment...

My main complaint with this game is the franchise mode. Sure, I play online and against my buddies, but most of my time on the game is spent in the franchise mode. In Madden '06 for the current gen Xbox, the game was nearly perfect in this aspect.

However, in '07 for the 360, the franchise mode is boring, and, as I've heard other people put it, it has no soul. No celebrations for winning games/Superbowl, no fantasy draft, no player editing, and no faces for new players are all things that really get to me.

I will buy Madden '08, but only because Vince Young is on the cover. If I didn't want to collect the case, then I would not even be considering purchasing the game. I fully expect to be disappointed by Madden '08.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Sat May 19, 2007 10:20 am

I played '06 for the PS2 and I loved it. I got a 360 for Christmas and of course I got '07. If my 360 didn't cost over $550 (games, system, warranty) and if I didn't have to pay $350 of it (parents paid the difference) I would have played the PS2 version over the 360 version.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Free Bagel » Sat May 19, 2007 12:50 pm

One cool idea that I will give them credit for this year is being able to play your franchise games online. So when you're doing franchise mode you can have a random person (or a specific person) play as the other team in your franchise online and it counts just the same as if you had played the computer.

Pretty cool, too bad the gameplay sucks too much to make me want to use it, heh.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby vitalogist » Thu May 24, 2007 6:35 pm

if you want some simulation style madden check out the league i play at over at http://360legends.net

we have a full 32 team league going right now, and after 08 comes out we will have two full 32 team leagues... so get on the wait list now if youre interested. we have all kinds of rules in place to help combat the cheesy way people play.... no going for it on 4th down unless the situation warrants it, no qb's rolling out of the pocket like crazy (mike vick style...). pm me if any questions...
vitalogist
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Video Games