Postby mrblitz » Sat May 12, 2007 8:08 pm

11/18 * @ GB
11/25 * Vs NO
12/02 * Vs SF
12/09 * @ JAC
12/16 * Vs SEA
12/22 Vs DAL
12/30 * @ TB

* - Game time can be adjusted to 4:15 p.m or 8:15 p.m.

Player Sideline Cap
Price: $25.00

Foxhole: Camp out
May 6, 2007
Panthers.com
Printer friendlyEmail this storyIncrease font sizeDecrease font sizePrevious ArticlesRSS

Comments from Carolina Panthers head coach John Fox following the team's morning mini-camp practice.

On wide receiver Steve Smith, who was shaken up during the two-minute drill: He landed on it (knee) funny but he's fine.

On if it scared him when Smith went down: Anytime a player goes down, it's scary. It always is, especially when it's that guy. 2004 was flashing in front of my eyes.

On how mini-camp went: Good. I liked the way the guys came in. They've obviously had a very good offseason, the veteran guys and some of our younger players from a year ago coming back. I thought the rookies, for the most part, we kind of throw a lot at them and they kind of grasp everything. It was a good start.

On if anybody stood out: I don't like singling guys out at this point but as a group I thought we've bettered ourselves and now we've got to continue that moving forward. It's a race, and every part of the race is important.

On what's next: We'll continue our offseason conditioning back here on Monday. The rookies will come back a week later. Then we start May 30th for summer school and we'll do that for 11 opportunities. Then we'll give them a little break and be in Spartanburg before you know it.

On the rookie class: They've been impressive. In three days, it's hard to get a great evaluation but so far so good.

On Nate Salley, who is competing to be the starting strong safety: We have high hopes for him, there is no doubt. These practices are opportunities for everybody, whether you are a first-time college free agent or a draft pick or even a veteran who's trying to earn a spot. As I tell those guys, they pick the team; I don't. Their performance on the field will dictate that. Nate is a guy we have high regard for, and he's made progress in this mini-camp.

On offensive lineman Jeremy Bridges playing guard after starting 14 games at tackle last season: We've got flexibility with our offensive line. By all of the injuries we had last year, a lot of guys got playing time. Jeremy Bridges was a guy we picked up after our season started, and he was a good pick up and played tackle for us. We know he can play tackle and are trying to find out who our best five are as we move forward

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Carolina Panthers