TO surprises.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dallas Cowboys

TO surprises..

Moderator: Football Moderators

TO surprises..

Postby mrblitz » Sat May 12, 2007 8:19 pm

Updated: May 12, 2007, 5:18 PM ET
Owens joins minicamp practice sooner than expectedESPN.com news services

While the Cowboys expected Terrell Owens to recover from offseason finger surgery in time for training camp in July, they didn't plan on having him catching balls in May.

So much for timetables.

Terrell Owens
Wide Receiver
Dallas Cowboys

2006 SEASON STATISTICS
Rec Yds TD Avg Long YAC
85 1180 13 13.9 56 400

Owens caught passes in both 7-on-7 and team drills at the Cowboys' minicamp Saturday, including a deep ball for a touchdown against cornerback Terence Newman.

Owens did not speak with reporters after the practice, but Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he was not expecting his prized receiver to be on the field.

"It does surprise me that he would come out and catch balls against the defense," Jones said.

Jones went on to say that Owens "proved that he's willing to compete with something that's been compromised before."

"I think it was really important to Terrell," Jones added. "He could have sat out and we would have understood."

An hour after the Cowobys had completed their first minicamp practice, Dallas head coach Wade Phillips opened his news conference by deadpanning, "Terrell is going to practice and catch some balls -- and catch the ball very well, in fact."

Owens had surgery right after the season to repair a torn tendon in his right ring finger, an injury he sustained late in the season. Earlier in the season, he had a plate screwed into the same finger after breaking it while blocking in a game in September.

Owens is due a $3 million roster bonus in June and a $5 million salary this season.

Despite the injured finger, Owens caught 85 passes for 1,180 yards and an NFL-high 13 touchdowns.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed May 16, 2007 2:46 pm

I really believe TO wants to win. He is trying to be a team player. Good for him if he keeps his head on straight. The comments after the Cowboys loss really impressed me and hopefully he can keep it up during the season.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu May 24, 2007 7:35 pm

Very glad TO is happy. He had a great year last year even with the media issues and droped passes. I think he is primed for a strong year.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Darth Vader » Sat May 26, 2007 2:38 pm

Yea I need a happy To this year, I have he, Roy Williams and Coulston coming back as my wide out corp.
Thanks richwyld for the sig
2006 Bourbon Bowl Champion (Cool River 8 Team Keeper)
2006 Cool River 2nd Place (14 Team)
2005 Cool River 8th Place (12 teams)
Darth Vader
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Dallas Cowboys