In the Trenches Keeper League 12-16 teams….100% payout - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

In the Trenches Keeper League 12-16 teams….100% payout

Moderator: Football Moderators

In the Trenches Keeper League 12-16 teams….100% payout

Postby thetrenches » Mon May 14, 2007 1:48 am

I have decided to start a keeper fantasy league that is a bit different than most others. I’ve been in different types of leagues and the problems that each has. I have been in a league with 20, 12 and 16 teams. I believe 16 is the best and most challenging amount. However, finding enough good owners sometimes is tough.

To combat that, this league will have weekly and season prizes such as High Points for a season, best record and weekly high points. This keeps those that are out of the playoffs something to play for. Many times I’ve seen bad teams not care anymore and either make dumb moves or not care anymore.

Site: Fanball (will use their draft method. $60 to setup league but they do have free trial allowing us to decide once the draft is over, what to do)

Scoring: ESPN's traditional point system. I will send the pt totals if asked.

Here are the basic ground rules:

Fee: $50-100 (whatever most agree with)

Head to Head Keeper league

12-16 teams (prefer 16)

Draft Date: Late June-Early July

Roster starters:

Starting roster for 12 teams:

QB
RB
RB
RB/WR
WR
WR
TE
D/ST
K

7 bench

Starting roster for 16 teams:
QB
RB
RB/WR
WR
WR
TE
D/ST
K

7 bench

Draft style: Offline: Each pick gets a certain amount of time (anywhere from 12-24 hrs. will be up to the league). I found this works really well and fanball does a good job of that.

Keeper specifics:

This keeper system is somewhat different but it’s worked with great success in my other league. Basically, I want the best players (LT, LJ, Alexander, SJax) being in the draft every year. That way there isn’t a luck factor with those getting a top pick in the 1st round. Here are the rules:

4 keepers in a tier system
The round in which your keeper was selected is surrendered the following year.

Example: Ladell Betts is picked in the 14th round. You keep him but surrender your 14th rounder in the upcoming draft.

NO TRANSFER RIGHTS: Once you release your draft pick or trade him away, you lose his keeper rights.

Round 1: can’t be kept
Tier 1: Round 2-5: 1 player can be kept as long as he isn’t released or traded
Tier 2: Round 6-10: 1 player can be kept as long as he isn’t released or traded. However, if you have no keeper in tier 1, you can keep 2 players.
Tier 3: Round 11-16 & free agent: 2 players can be kept as long as he isn’t released or traded. However, if you have no keeper in tier 1 or 2, then you can keep 4 players.

Free Agent: You can keep one free agent that you picked up for no compensation. However, he must be picked up before Week 5. You must decide on that one player during that week and he is kept no matter what happens to him.

ALERT: To keep this league filled with as much activity as possible; I’m requiring the following in your application:

1. Fantasy Football experience
2. Why you would like to be in this league
3. What you would suggest to make this league better

Send all emails to…thetrenches@hotmail.com
thetrenches
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby thetrenches » Tue May 15, 2007 12:30 am

there will be 16 teams. i've gotten 6 applications so far since I posted yesterday so keep sending them in. It is not first come first serve but I do take into account the responses you give through email.
thetrenches
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby thetrenches » Thu May 17, 2007 1:00 am

8 openings left
thetrenches
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby thetrenches » Thu May 17, 2007 10:35 pm

13 taken. 3 teams left...I got enough for 16 but I want to make sure I have the best 16 so I'm still allowing applications. Fee will be $55
thetrenches
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Plato » Sat May 19, 2007 11:27 am

Three questions:

1) Will all fees be required before ANYONE is allowed to draft. IOW will you hold the draft off until everyone is paid up ? That's the way I think it should always be, but I've seen some leagues not enforce that.

2) I believe you mentioned somewhere in an email that you would be requiring the full fee for the following season (to help secure committed owners). So is the actual entry fee $105 ???

3) And finally, since you rightly are looking for experienced committed owners -I was wondering if you could give a little of your history and experience before we commit. Just noticed you joined the CAFE here this month and only have 4 posts. Usually not a problem, but maybe if you could give a yahoo ID showing your history etc...

Thanks
Plato
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby thetrenches » Sat May 19, 2007 12:14 pm

1. Yes, all fees are required before the draft starts. In a local league, this wouldn't be a big deal but in a league like this which involves more than just a single season draft, that is a definite yes

2. This year's fee is $55. However, I'm requiring next year's fee as well (as a deposit). Now if you stay next year, you will pay $55 again. The 3rd year, I will know that everyone who stays is trustworthy so i will cut the deposit in half. The only way you lose that money is if you quit after the first year. So I require $113.50 in order to join. $55 for this year + $55 next year + $3.50 in paypal fees

3. I have been in ESPN leagues and a Fanball league. My member id is polycane. However, I don't know if ESPN's history is like Yahoo's. I've been playing for 5 years and have been an integral part in each league I've been in. I did just sign up on Cafe so that I can spread the word. I never knew this site had this much activity until i started looked for some forums. Now, what makes me different that everyone else? Maybe there are better leagues out there, but I really think my keeper league is the best one around. It's a little unusual but i've used my 4 year league's rules as a blueprint with some changes to it.
thetrenches
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby thetrenches » Mon May 21, 2007 12:50 am

2 openings left. Keep in mind that I do need an email with those 3 questions answered before I decline or accept.
thetrenches
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Definite things

Postby thetrenches » Mon May 21, 2007 3:14 pm

$55 entry fee

16 teams

Draft date: June 30 (timer draft...not live)
thetrenches
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby thetrenches » Thu May 24, 2007 11:53 pm

I have mentioned this site before. Felt it needed a new topic with some changes involved.

12 teams have been taken and 4 are left.

The major change is the fees involved. I'm not requiring the full deposit of the 2nd year anymore. Even though I believe it is crucial in a keeper league to have some insurance, I still think this works.

mailto:thetrenches@hotmail.com

Fanball site is up and running as well. Draft: June 30....
thetrenches
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby thetrenches » Sun May 27, 2007 2:17 pm

3 teams left.
thetrenches
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Classifieds