Mafia: Superhero Edition; Sign-Up/Rules - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Mafia: Superhero Edition; Sign-Up/Rules

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mafia: Superhero Edition; Sign-Up/Rules

Postby treat24 » Mon May 14, 2007 1:45 pm

Mafia: Superhero Edition... Starts Monday May 21st, We will take a break for Memorial Day weekend if needed. Okay, due to AFF and Steelers I am doing away with act of God and I'll open the thread a little early... so If it takes a couple days for the first lynch, so be it

Rules

1. The moderator's ruling is final. If you think that a decision is unfair, feel free to post why you think so after the game is over. Moderators can always use constructive criticism. Do not, however, be nasty about it.

2. While posting in Game Day threads is permitted during the "Night" portion, voting is not.

3. Do not post anything game-related once you are dead. In particular, if day has just started, make sure that you haven't died before revealing information you just received at night.

4. Please vote in this syntax (including the bold):
A normal vote:
Vote: member name

5. Changing a vote:
Unvote: member name
New vote: member name

6. Never show PMs from the moderator to anyone in the game. Quoting your PM to prove your innocence is strictly forbidden.

7. Do not discuss the game with other players outside of the thread unless you are part of the mafia.

8. Do NOT edit posts - if you say something you didn't mean to, that's your mistake. Make 2 posts if you forget something, don't edit the 1st one.

Gameplay

Role Release: For Day 1 and 2 Roles of night kills will not be released. The only thing that will be released is good or evil. After Resurrection Man uses his power exact roles will be released.

Votes Required: Votes required will be less than usual... In the past it has been 50%. In this game a 1/3 vote will be required. So if there are 20 total players, 7 votes will be required. This will continue until Day 4. On day 4 The voting will return to 50% or more.

Posting: You must post at least once per real life day: (you might want to vote in that post). Failing to post will get you an automatic vote each day for the rest of the game. If you are a special role and fail to post your role will be revealed to the investigator. This also means that you didn't vote, giving you 2 votes against you the following day. Votes against you will accumulate for each missed day.

Day/Night: Day/Night will be determined by gameplay. If there is a lynch, People with special roles will PM me their Night activity and I will get the next day up as soon as I possibly can. This may mean that I can get a new day up minutes after an Act of God if people get to me quickly enough.

Roles

Insane Serial Killer – (1): (evil) Serial Killer -- Shows up as "citizen" if investigated, shows up as "serial killer" if killed during day. A one-man killing team whose goal is to be the last man standing. Gets a night kill, just like mafia. Appears to be a regular citizen to cops. IF TARGETED BY MAFIA, ONE OF THE MAFIA WILL BE KILLED AND THE SERIAL KILLER WILL LIVE ON. This means the SK may only be killed by non-mafia The SK wins if he's the last one alive.

SuperHero - (1): (good) This town only has one TRUE SuperHero. He gets to capture (kick out of the game... not eligible for resurrection) 3 players during the game. When he chooses, he will be given 3 names. 1 of those names will be a SuperVillain. He may capture this player at any point. It does not have to be night. He knows who his sidekick is.

SuperHero Sidekick - (1): (good) Should the Superhero parish. The sidekick will receive the powers of the superhero including any remaining captures. He knows who the SuperHero is. Shows up as citizen when investigated until the SuperHero has been killed.

SuperVillians – (4): (evil) They know who each other are, their goal is to kill everyone else. They will kill a player each night. They have an accomplice, a mind reader working for them. He is gathering intel for them.

SuperVillian Mind Reader - (1): (evil) He is a mafia member with mind reading ability. He will discover the identity of one person per day/night. His action is not necessary for night time. but only on in a "game 24 hour period" (i.e. day 2/night2)

Citizen – (undetermined): These are the regular, innocent guys that want to save the town from evil. They are pretty upset about all the bad guys in the town, so upset they might even kill to rid the town of evil. If you get this role... don't be disappointed for missing out on a special role... keep reading...

Mind Reader – (1): (good) The mind reader gets to find out the identity of one character each night. His power only works at night and it takes so much energy that he only discovers one identity. If the player he selects has been a vigilante, he will find that out as well as which night they were a vigilante. He's a good investigator. His powers are so great, that once he has read a player's mind. He is continually updated on that characters activity in the game. Players will get the sense that their mind has been read (i.e. I will them when they have been investigated)

Mind Reader Apprentice – (1): (good) This player is a mind reader also, however his powers are not very skilled. He is in training. Should the Mind reader be killed, The information that the mind reader had obtained will be transferred to the apprentice. Shows up as citizen when investigated until the Mind Reader is killed.

Vigilante Citizen – (?): (good) A townie will be randomly chosen to make a "vigilante kill" each night. If there is only 18-20 people. This role will be 1,2, or 3 people. and he/they will get 1 vigilante kill before gaining a conscience. If there are more than 19 people and a random person is chosen each night. Admitting guilt of murdering someone will result in a 50% chance of being arrested/killed. Murder is bad... should only admit to it for a very good reason.

Reciprocity Man - (1): (good) He is a regular townie. He sits around drunk with a shotgun hidden under his coat. If he is killed during the night, he will use his shotgun to KILL his attacker. If his attacker is Mafia, one will be randomly chosen. If he is lynched he will get one shot off on one of his lynchers... One of his lynchers WILL DIE. Reciprocity Man may NOT reveal his identity to the town. If he does, he will die instantly. His power lies is in secrecy. As such, he shows up as citizen when his mind is read.

Bodyguard - (1): (good) With all this killing someone needs to protect the innocents. The Bodyguard can chose to protect one guy each night. His services are a 24 hour service. So he will chose a player to protect at night, that protection will last throughout the day and save that protectee from being lynched. The person being protected will be informed that he has a bodyguard for the day. The Bodyguard may NOT protect the same person twice. He can protect himself, but only once. Shows up as a bodyguard when his mind is read.

Resurrection Man - (1): (good) He is a citizen He can raise the dead. However, he is limited to raising a dead man on the night following Day 2 ONLY. He may bring anyone back to life who died in the first 2 days/nights. He may NOT reveal his identity to the town. If he does, he will die instantly. His power lies is in secrecy. Shows up as citizen when his mind is read. If he is killed during day1/night1/day2 He will still have the power to resurrect someone, including himself, on the morning of day 3.

Ghost - (?): (good/evil) Anyone killed on the first day/night. Is still in the game. They are allowed on vote for days 2 and 3. If that vote is used in a lynching, their vote is gone. If their vote is not used in a lynching, they maintain it. On day 4 They will no longer have a vote... HOWEVER, Resurrection Man may CHOOSE to bring one of you back from the dead. in the evening following day 2.

Siblings - (2): (good) These to citizens are brothers seperated at birth. They will not know the identity of their brother until after one of them passes. The living brother will make a revenge killing. They show up as Twin when their mind is read.

The Invisible Forcefield - (1 per night): This is not a player... Each night An invisible forcefield will protect one player. If that player is attacked he will survive the attack. It will be random who will get this forcefield each night. (It only protects good however it doesn't protect the same person twice)

Terrorist - (1): (evil) Shows up as "terrorist" if killed during day or investigated. An extra member of the mafia, who may suicide bomb a villager during the day. Due to his terrorist actions, the terrorist and the regular mafia may not speak outside the thread for fear of leaving a trail back to the original mafia. However, the terrorist knows who the mafia are and they know who he is. When the terrorist chooses to suicide bomb another player during the day, they may announce it with a big, long, bolded explosion scene. Anyone IMPERSONATING the terrorist will be mod-killed, so fake suicide bombings are not advised (and you can assume any posted are for real, even if I haven't gotten on yet to verify). The terrorist wins with the mafia. If all normal mafia are killed off before the terrorist, he blows himself up and the village wins.

RiffRaff's Mom's Pimp - (1): (good) This Pimp has the power to send RiffRaff's Mom to "conduct business" with a player at night. The result is that the player whom she "conducted business" with will be so diseased that all the medications will not be able to vote for a day. He wins with the town as he is just a business man.

Fake Mind Reader - (1): (good) An Mind Reader, whose investigations are always backwards. This guy may be beneficial to the city in the long run, if he can figure out he's insane before getting lynched for bad information. He will be told his role is mind reader.

How to win the game

Citizen Win (all non-SuperVillians and non ISK) - The SuperVillians and ISK(s) have been exterminated.

ISK Win - He is one of the final 2 players and there is one or no SuperVillians left. His experience in killing trumps the VTISK's newfound bloodlust.

SuperVillian Win - When the SuperVillian/Citizen ratio hits 50/50 or there is no way for any other faction to win.

Participants

1. moonhead
2. azrael
3. a fleshner fantasy
4. eagles21
5. vhawk15
6. leber
7. riffraff
8. steelersfan513
9. BGBootha
10. SwiperNoSwiping
11. m16a
12. RWLongy4
13. Whodey#9
14. houstonherdfan
15. popcynical
16. danleroi22
17. vitalogist
18. madaslives911
19. deerayfan072

(no limit on amount of players)
Last edited by treat24 on Mon May 21, 2007 12:48 pm, edited 22 times in total.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Leber » Mon May 14, 2007 1:46 pm

Nice superhero ;-D
In ;-D
Leber
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon May 14, 2007 1:52 pm

Okay, I'll bite

vote=treat ;-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon May 14, 2007 2:05 pm

How did I get signed up without ever seeing this thread before? Oh well, I guess I HAVE to play now.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon May 14, 2007 2:06 pm

Oh and I almost forgot.

vote: treat

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby RiffRaff » Mon May 14, 2007 2:06 pm

Who's going to be the first get a ride on The RiffRaff's Mom Train? :-o
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby treat24 » Mon May 14, 2007 2:07 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:How did I get signed up without ever seeing this thread before? Oh well, I guess I HAVE to play now.

i'm forcing people to play :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Mon May 14, 2007 2:10 pm

RiffRaff wrote:Who's going to be the first get a ride on The RiffRaff's Mom Train? :-o

like that role?
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BGbootha » Mon May 14, 2007 2:33 pm

You know I am in!!!!!
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby eagles21 » Mon May 14, 2007 2:35 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:How did I get signed up without ever seeing this thread before? Oh well, I guess I HAVE to play now.

Yeah, same with me. :-b

Anyway, I'll just confirm that I'm in. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk