Opie & Anthony in hot water - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Opie & Anthony in hot water

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby logan » Thu May 17, 2007 9:26 am

Lofunzo wrote:Say what you want about O&A but I think that this is a crock. I used to dislike them but I listened a little when I had XM and they, along with Jim Norton, were pretty funny. Either way, they knew what they were getting into when they signed them. Why are they now surprised?? It's pay radio and I'm sure that none of their listeners were offended. I am also sure that they brought on a lot of new subs with their "brand of humor".

yeah and they are losing alot of them since the suspension. i believe the number ,while not staggering overall, was close to 20,000 cancels on the day of suspension. probably double that by now if not more.last i heard it was about a 30 minute wait to get a radio canceled. as i said it isn't a major hit to the sub numbers but it is a substantial money lose to a compnay that can nigh afford it at the moment.

also this suspension,if you listen to the corp heads atleast,was not about the content of the show. it was merely because there was a supposed contract having to do with not talking about the incident on air. when they did so on the free fm portion of the show that is when the suspension was levied. either way you look at it censoring of a show that people pay good money to listen to because it isn't supposed to be censored. that's what the free fm show is for.hence the FREE part.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby m16a » Thu May 17, 2007 4:30 pm

There an XM radio show? They air on a local station in Philly... :-?
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 47)

Postby Lofunzo » Thu May 17, 2007 4:41 pm

m16a wrote:There an XM radio show? They air on a local station in Philly... :-?

A portion of their daily show would air on free radio and the rest on XM. Maybe on both for a period of time.
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby logan » Thu May 17, 2007 5:17 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
m16a wrote:There an XM radio show? They air on a local station in Philly... :-?

A portion of their daily show would air on free radio and the rest on XM. Maybe on both for a period of time.

the free fm show (which airs in a lot of other major cities besides philly) is simulcast on the xm side without the dumps from 6 tp 9 am and then they go over to xm and usually do up till 11 am. sometimes the shows runs over though as they can technically go till 12 when ron and fez take over.so they do about 5 hours + of radio on the xm side every day and three on free fm stations. looks like next week they will be extending the free fm show. not sure how long as of yet but i'd say they will probably do four hours a day on free fm for the foreseeable future.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby vitalogist » Thu May 17, 2007 8:29 pm

Lofunzo wrote:Say what you want about O&A but I think that this is a crock. I used to dislike them but I listened a little when I had XM and they, along with Jim Norton, were pretty funny. Either way, they knew what they were getting into when they signed them. Why are they now surprised?? It's pay radio and I'm sure that none of their listeners were offended. I am also sure that they brought on a lot of new subs with their "brand of humor".

ummm... no.

not a measurable number of new subscribers...
vitalogist
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Thu May 17, 2007 11:32 pm

vitalogist wrote:

ummm... no.

not a measurable number of new subscribers...

Wanna bet?? They brought a lot.
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk