Crazed squirrel attacks customers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Crazed squirrel attacks customers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Crazed squirrel attacks customers

Postby stomperrob » Tue May 15, 2007 5:10 pm

Squirrel Attacks Customers Inside Brevard Co. Pharmacy

May 14, 2007

PORT ST. JOHN, Fla. -- Three people were attacked by a squirrel inside a Brevard County pharmacy. One person was bitten eight times.

The squirrel got into the CVS in Port St. John holding onto a customer's leg. Once inside, employees said, the squirrel went nuts.

The crazy story began when a customer was trying to walk into the store and the squirrel latched onto his ankle. He tried to shake it loose and it wouldn't let go. That's when the mayhem began inside the pharmacy.

He may be little, furry and some might think cute, but the squirrel was downright feisty. Even after attacking two customers and an employee, he took on the Animal Control officer.

The tiny terror hitchhiked into a CVS Pharmacy, latching onto a customer's shoe and refusing to let go.

"She was trying to get it out the door, but it wouldn't go anywhere. It just wanted to stay around her," said witness Carol Williams.

When another customer tried to help the woman, the squirrel set his eyes on him, grabbing hold of his leg, too. But it was a CVS employee who felt the squirrel's wrath when she stepped in and it attacked her.

"It jumped on her leg, bit her leg. It was on her back, biting her, scratching her on her back. Scratched up all over her arms," Williams said.

It bit the woman eight times.

Eventually, someone got a basket over it, which it tried to gnaw through. The only thing they could find to contain it were cases of Coke.

Even after it was caged, it still managed to show off with back flips and price tags stuck to its tail, evidence of the squirrelly behavior that sent one of his victims searching for medical attention. She was said to be doing fine.

The squirrel's fate has not been determined yet. Animal Control officers said they are considered low risk for rabies. They said it's not uncommon for squirrels to bite multiple times, particularly when they are scared, injured or sick.

They may appear to be cute and cuddly, but don't be fooled - they can be deadly - BE FOREWARNED!!!

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue May 15, 2007 5:40 pm

Knapp!

Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby eagles21 » Tue May 15, 2007 5:42 pm

This would have been a good Germany or Florida. :-b
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Tue May 15, 2007 5:43 pm

i want one, the little guy in the picture is awesome
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby beanoX3 » Tue May 15, 2007 6:31 pm

I've had lunch with a squirrel once. I was tired, sitting on a park bench eating some McDonalds when a squirrel jumped up next to me. Gave it some french fries, and it sat with me until I finished. People walking by gave me some odd looks though.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue May 15, 2007 6:48 pm

beano's a squirrel-lover.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby whodey#9 » Tue May 15, 2007 10:04 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Knapp!

:-b Yeah Knapp woulda nailed the little guy 8-o :-b O:-)
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue May 15, 2007 10:12 pm

whodey#9 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Knapp!

:-b Yeah Knapp woulda nailed the little guy 8-o :-b O:-)

Right between the freakin eyes he woulda! I've heard that he's upgraded to the laser scope and he's taking bids.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue May 15, 2007 10:44 pm

I have heard these stories about squirrels. At the college campus that I go to, then you can walk right beside squirrels and on occasion reach out and touch them and they won't flinch one bit, but when we were on a school camping trip one of the teachers with us got bit by a squirrel.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Wed May 16, 2007 11:36 pm

beanoX3 wrote:I've had lunch with a squirrel once. I was tired, sitting on a park bench eating some McDonalds when a squirrel jumped up next to me. Gave it some french fries, and it sat with me until I finished. People walking by gave me some odd looks though.

Did it have your leg and back for dessert?? :-B
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to General Talk