Inmate orders pizza for homeless before his execution - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Inmate orders pizza for homeless before his execution

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue May 15, 2007 10:55 pm

I heard this story earlier on the radio but before that follow up about the people buying pizzas for the homeless. That's a pretty cool thing to do. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Atog » Tue May 15, 2007 11:04 pm

moonhead wrote:
Atog wrote:Does anyone else find it ironic/hypocritical that PETA ordered vegetarian pizzas although cheese, a critical pizza component, is an animal product and thus not PETA-friendly?
Anybody?
Anybody?

all they want is for you to treat the animals ethically. they're not necessarily vegan.

Eh...
I've done research into PETA...They consider pet ownership slavery. They call meat-eating "The Holocaust on Your Plate".
And it doesn't stop there, believe me.

Also...
It would be cool if people supported the homeless this way under normal circumstances too.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue May 15, 2007 11:21 pm

Atog wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Atog wrote:Does anyone else find it ironic/hypocritical that PETA ordered vegetarian pizzas although cheese, a critical pizza component, is an animal product and thus not PETA-friendly?
Anybody?
Anybody?

all they want is for you to treat the animals ethically. they're not necessarily vegan.

Eh...
I've done research into PETA...They consider pet ownership slavery. They call meat-eating "The Holocaust on Your Plate".

A couple of these people dropped off a 'comic book' for our kid once. It was disgusting to say the least. Showed cartoon images of people basically mutilating and skinning an animal alive. I wish I would have kept it. It was horrible. They wanted me to share this with my, then, 3-year old kid.

Atog wrote:Also...
It would be cool if people supported the homeless this way under normal circumstances too.

Yes. Yes it would.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Lofunzo » Wed May 16, 2007 11:46 pm

Atog wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Anybody?
Anybody?

Eh...

Also...

If that is really what PETA stands for, tell them to look to my avatar. I am sure that they saw the National Geographic special on the treatment of greyhounds. I am also quite sure that, had I not adopted him, he would have gone to 1 of the landfills or dumpsters that the "rejects" go to. :-t :~(
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk