New Host Site? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Legion of Doom

New Host Site?

Moderators: The_Captain, mutantseabass, Football Moderators

Re: New Host Site?

Postby Flux » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:52 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Just to throw a kink into the vote fellas...

I have gotten word yesterday that I can get us a free upgrade to Yahoo Plus if we wanted to stay there. It would be fine with me.

We would be able to get the $125 fee waived, and all would have access to the stattracker feature, among other things including their draftkits, etc...

Hey Mr. Mafia.

That would be sweet. My money league uses plus and I like it, so its fine by me.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby logan » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:45 pm

Flux wrote:

I have gotten word yesterday that I can get us a free upgrade to Yahoo Plus if we wanted to stay there. It would be fine with me.

We would be able to get the $125 fee waived, and all would have access to the stattracker feature, among other things including their draftkits, etc...

Hey Mr. Mafia.

That would be sweet. My money league uses plus and I like it, so its fine by me.

sounds good to me as well. free is good and freeerer with perks is even better.

out of curiosity swipe how did you make that happen?
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:32 pm

logan wrote:
Flux wrote:

Hey Mr. Mafia.

sounds good to me as well. free is good and freeerer with perks is even better.

He swiped it ;7 :b :b
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby logan » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:15 pm

dream_017 wrote:
logan wrote:sounds good to me as well. free is good and freeerer with perks is even better.

buh duh buh

try the veal ;)
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:39 pm

logan wrote:
dream_017 wrote:
logan wrote:sounds good to me as well. free is good and freeerer with perks is even better.

buh duh buh

try the veal ;)

I'm here all week....don't forget to tip your waitress ;)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby Flux » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:48 am

When are you hookin us up Swiper? Get on it :-D
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:16 am

Flux wrote:When are you hookin us up Swiper? Get on it :-D

So I have the go? We need to get the site up and running on yahoo, and then i can tell them to upgrade my leagues and the ids..and we should have them then.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:25 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Flux wrote:When are you hookin us up Swiper? Get on it :-D

So I have the go? We need to get the site up and running on yahoo, and then i can tell them to upgrade my leagues and the ids..and we should have them then.

you have the go from me, and thats all you should worry about :-D

I didnt see any objections to it, and I dont know if anybody could complain about a free upgrade.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:15 am

If we're staying with the joke that is yahoo ( ;-7 :-b ;-) ), we really need to adopt this system for the waiver wire:

flotsamnjetsam wrote:This year might be different, but last year there was no way to change the settings to have that kind of waiver system.

Here's what we did. The commish of a yahoo league can manually lock the add/drops for any (or all) owner. So I'd manually lock the add/drops right as the 1st games of the week were starting. I actually didn't HAVE to lock them, but it just prevented anyone from forgetting. There was one or 2 weeks that I couldn't lock them at the proper time and add/drops were made when they shouldn't have. When that happened, I would just reverse the add/drop manually. So basically, it's not 100% necessary to have the commish lock the add/drops because every owner knows that they couldn't make the add/drops once the games started that week.

So now the add/drops are locked until roughly 24 hours after MNF (We did it until Tuesday night at Midnight EST). If an owner wanted to make an add/drop during this time, they had to PM me their request. If I wanted to make an add/drop during this time, I had to PM my request to the co-commish. You had to put "weekend waiver request" as the title of the PM. This was because I (and the co-commish) was not allowed to read the PM until after Tuesday night at Midnight (EST). That way I (or the co-commish) don't read the PM and then decide that I want that player. Each owner knows that I didn't read the PM too early because they can still see it in their outbox.

Then after the weekend waiver period was over (Tuesday at Midnight), I'd read the PM's and manually make the appropriate add/drops on yahoo, according to who has the highest waiver priority. Then I'd reopen the add/drops on yahoo.

I know it may seem a little complicated, but it's actually really simple:

1. Commish locks add/drops on yahoo when the 1st game of the week starts (or just trust all the owners to follow the rules and not make any add/drops during the weekend waiver period....if add/drops occur during this period they can be manually reversed by the commish).

2. Owners PM their weekend waiver requests to the commish (commish sends request to co-commish). Commish & co-commish cannot read the PM's until the weekend waiver period is over so that they don't get any ideas for add/drops of their own from the requests.

3. After the weekend waiver period is over, the commish reads the PM's and manually makes the add/drops on yahoo based on waiver priority. (He doesn't need to wait for the co-commish to open a request from the commish because the commish knows if he made any requests that week.)

4. Commish unlocks the add/drops on yahoo.

Let me know if that makes sense or if you have any questions.

Having no real waiver wire system and having it 1st come, 1st serve all weekend is a joke. I hated many things about yahoo last year but this was by far the 1 thing I hated the most. We used this system successfully in most of my other leagues. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby The_Captain » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:33 pm

Swipe -

Can you verify/post how the waiver rules will work with the Plus! upgrade? I would like to know this information first if possible before we set up the league.

Thanks.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Legion of Doom