Drug dog used to check students... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Drug dog used to check students...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Drug dog used to check students...

Postby stomperrob » Wed May 16, 2007 3:53 pm

...catch teacher!

May 10, 2007, 10:01AM

Drug dogs zero in on Galveston teacher's desk

By HARVEY RICE
Houston Chronicle

GALVESTON — Police were surprised when drug dogs alerted them to a Ball High School teacher's desk during a routine sweep of Galveston school district campuses, school police Chief LeeRoy Amador said Wednesday.

"We were caught completely off guard," said Amador, whose officers were searching Tuesday for drugs brought by students.

There were no drugs in the desk of Spanish teacher Stakely McConnell, 25, he said. The dog had detected the odor of marijuana on papers in McConnell's desk.

McConnell admitted to smoking marijuana over the weekend, Amador said. The marijuana was transferred to the papers in McConnell's desk through perspiration on his hands, Amador said.

He gave police permission to search his car after two dogs alerted them to it, and police found a half cigarette of marijuana in the ashtray, Amador said. The chief said there was no evidence or suspicion that McConnell involved students in his alleged drug use.

He was charged with possession of marijuana, a misdemeanor carrying a maximum fine of $4,000 and one year in jail. Because it was in a drug-free zone, the district attorney can increase the charge to a state jail felony with a maximum $10,000 fine
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Wed May 16, 2007 3:57 pm

This is so not shocking. All of my teachers seemed like they were under the influence of something or other in High School, and especially in college. :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BlueBandit24 » Wed May 16, 2007 3:59 pm

knapplc wrote:This is so not shocking. All of my teachers seemed like they were under the influence of something or other in High School, and especially in college. :-b

I think a pre-requisite to being a professor is being a former/current drug user. :-b
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Wed May 16, 2007 4:01 pm

A couple guys I knew in college who dabbled in some drug dealing told me once that my chemistry professor was a regular customer. After that, I couldn't help but laugh occasionally during lectures because he looked like Colonel Sanders and I kept picturing him with a blunt in his hand.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Wed May 16, 2007 4:45 pm

Under what rock have those officers been living? A teacher gets caught. That's shocking?

I'm more shocked that they are shocked than they are shocked at what they found. 8-o :-o

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Wed May 16, 2007 4:52 pm

Madison wrote:Under what rock have those officers been living? A teacher gets caught. That's shocking?

I'm more shocked that they are shocked than they are shocked at what they found. 8-o :-o

I'm more shocked that they are shocked than the teacher was shocked that they were shocked that what they found was shocking.

What? :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby stomperrob » Wed May 16, 2007 5:06 pm

Metroid wrote:
Madison wrote:Under what rock have those officers been living? A teacher gets caught. That's shocking?

I'm more shocked that they are shocked than the teacher was shocked that they were shocked that what they found was shocking.

What? :-b

I'm just plain shocked!!!

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby aaawall91 » Wed May 16, 2007 7:49 pm

No shock at all...my hockey coach last season teaches chem at our school was at some concert couple weekends ago and offered by girlfriends freshman sister a bear. We have a teacher who hides in his closet all period and smokes and comes out when hes done aka end of the period. And not to mention one of my teachers was talking the other day about prom, cause we got these new Breathalyzers at the door so there was little drinking there and the teacher commented that the only person with known alcohol at the prom was a teacher.

But any of this shocking? Not in the least.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby treat24 » Wed May 16, 2007 9:02 pm

aaawall91 wrote:No shock at all...my hockey coach last season teaches chem at our school was at some concert couple weekends ago and offered by girlfriends freshman sister a bear. We have a teacher who hides in his closet all period and smokes and comes out when hes done aka end of the period. And not to mention one of my teachers was talking the other day about prom, cause we got these new Breathalyzers at the door so there was little drinking there and the teacher commented that the only person with known alcohol at the prom was a teacher.

But any of this shocking? Not in the least.

Mighty generous... but why did he bring such a large animal to a concert? :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby moonhead » Wed May 16, 2007 9:11 pm

this story makes me hungry. X-I
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Next

Return to General Talk