Cure for Baldness? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Cure for Baldness?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby knapplc » Thu May 17, 2007 10:00 pm

knapplc wrote:I see what you're saying and like treat I agree to an extent, but the only caveat I would give is that each thread kind of has its own organic life. They don't always stay on-topic, and often the discussion branches out into new and different tangents. This thread could be about baldness and everyone’s various fears/lack of fears of going bald, or it could turn into a discussion of how cool science is, or it could turn into a discussion of other accidental scientific discoveries, or it could even turn into a discussion of the nature of discussion threads themselves. No two threads are alike, and no two discussions are alike.

And the intervening posts between that post ^^ and this one are exactly why I said that ^^.

I suppose I could have looked to see if anyone (or me) had already posted an article about baldness, but even had I, that thread and this thread are not the same. The conversation is totally different, albeit artificially so.

So to your point, Dream, I see what you're saying, but I just don't agree that we need to recycle old threads.

Of course, if that's the will of the majority then carpe thread, but until that suggestion is handed down I'll probably continue to post new articles, ideas, whatnot in new threads, unless I know there's already a thread specifically for it (like the video thread, hot girl thread, etc.).

:-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Fri May 18, 2007 7:32 am

knapplc wrote:
knapplc wrote:I see what you're saying and like treat I agree to an extent, but the only caveat I would give is that each thread kind of has its own organic life. They don't always stay on-topic, and often the discussion branches out into new and different tangents. This thread could be about baldness and everyone’s various fears/lack of fears of going bald, or it could turn into a discussion of how cool science is, or it could turn into a discussion of other accidental scientific discoveries, or it could even turn into a discussion of the nature of discussion threads themselves. No two threads are alike, and no two discussions are alike.

And the intervening posts between that post ^^ and this one are exactly why I said that ^^.

I suppose I could have looked to see if anyone (or me) had already posted an article about baldness, but even had I, that thread and this thread are not the same. The conversation is totally different, albeit artificially so.

So to your point, Dream, I see what you're saying, but I just don't agree that we need to recycle old threads.

Of course, if that's the will of the majority then carpe thread, but until that suggestion is handed down I'll probably continue to post new articles, ideas, whatnot in new threads, unless I know there's already a thread specifically for it (like the video thread, hot girl thread, etc.).

:-)

The only reason this post took the turn it did, was because there was another thread. This thread would have turned into the same conversation as the previous thread, people talking about going bald...what they would do if they did.

Obviously I have no authority to stop this from happening..again I am just informing people that the same topic, with the same name from the same person exists. If you don't like it fine, but this has happened more than once. You can run your GT however you want, and I will post a link to threads that contain the same thing.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri May 18, 2007 7:40 am

I've tried to recycle old threads that I've remembered and have had them locked. :-[ Old news I guess.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri May 18, 2007 7:48 am

mutantseabass wrote:
dream_017 wrote:Well, the threads that I link are either the same exact article/topic/discussion or have a direct relevence to the current topic/discussion. I don't go around linking to all the murder threads or child abduction threads.

Again, it is more to inform that it has been discussed or posted previously. For this one, since you started the previous thread, you could have included this article in the original post. I am not trying to be the thread nazi or concerned that things are going to get out of control, especially with this forum. It does bother me on the football ones though.

I also just make it as a subtle link so if people want to look they can, if not thats fine too. I just don't feel the need to post the same thing....about the same topic...with the same name, so I link it ;-D

Well I for one appreciate it dream that is for sure. Search is your friend! You do excellent work ;-D

i agree ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk