Tarvaris Jackson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Minnesota Vikings

Tarvaris Jackson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tarvaris Jackson

Postby treat24 » Thu May 17, 2007 1:27 pm

anybody wanna try to take a stab at his stats this year?

i'm thinking 2100 yds, 18 tds, 15 ints... 250 rush, 3 tds

more like i'm hoping he matures to that point :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby BlueBandit24 » Thu May 17, 2007 2:09 pm

I'm going to take a slightly less optimistic approach. I'll say 2,316 yards, 13 TD's, 15 INT's, 212 rushing yards and a TD.

I think he'll mildly improve in the 2nd half of the year but will take his lumps during the first half. A lot of his development depends on what the receivers can do. Hopefully Williamson's better vision can help him stretch the field and Rice or Allison need to produce as rookies. It would be nice to have a tight end who could Jackson could lean on. As long as Jackson progresses and shows that he has the makeup of a franchise QB, I will be happy.
Last edited by BlueBandit24 on Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Thu May 17, 2007 2:13 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:I'm going to take a slightly less optimistic approach. I'll say 2,316 yards, 13 TD's, 15 INT's, 212 rushing yards and a TD.

I think he'll vastly improve in the 2nd half of the year but will take his lumps during the first half. A lot of his development depends on what the receivers can do. Hopefully Williamson's better vision can help him stretch the field and Rice or Allison need to produce as rookies. It would be nice to have a tight end who could Jackson could lean on, but Wiggins doesn't seem to fit into the offense and isn't exactly a phyiscal specimen. As long as Jackson progresses and shows that he has the makeup of a franchise QB, I will be happy.

wiggins? do we still have him? hehe... i don't think V.S. can do much better than wiggins but obviously childress might know something we don't... maybe he is more for pass protection anyway... anyway, I don't see a less than a td per game average for TJ... I just see too many people trying to stop the run and with the two backs I see him dumping a few more screens...

i thought your stats were about as optimistic as mine except for the passing tds... i think 15-20 INTs is totally in the ballpark... 200-300 yds rushing is about riight...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BlueBandit24 » Thu May 17, 2007 3:22 pm

treat24 wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:I'm going to take a slightly less optimistic approach. I'll say 2,316 yards, 13 TD's, 15 INT's, 212 rushing yards and a TD.

I think he'll vastly improve in the 2nd half of the year but will take his lumps during the first half. A lot of his development depends on what the receivers can do. Hopefully Williamson's better vision can help him stretch the field and Rice or Allison need to produce as rookies. It would be nice to have a tight end who could Jackson could lean on, but Wiggins doesn't seem to fit into the offense and isn't exactly a phyiscal specimen. As long as Jackson progresses and shows that he has the makeup of a franchise QB, I will be happy.

wiggins? do we still have him? hehe... i don't think V.S. can do much better than wiggins but obviously childress might know something we don't... maybe he is more for pass protection anyway... anyway, I don't see a less than a td per game average for TJ... I just see too many people trying to stop the run and with the two backs I see him dumping a few more screens...

i thought your stats were about as optimistic as mine except for the passing tds... i think 15-20 INTs is totally in the ballpark... 200-300 yds rushing is about riight...

I'm not totally sure if we still have Wiggins either, not sure why I assumed he was still with the club, but either way at this point I would like to see a TE that can be a receiving threat. After seeing the passing game last year, I am going to be cautious in how I approach my expectations, although I could easily see Tarvaris get into the upper teens as far as passing TD's go, but I think Richardson-Taylor-Peterson will get the bulk of the offensive TD's and as the offensive takes a more methodical approach and moves into the redzone rather than explosive, long TD's through the passing game.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby treat24 » Thu May 17, 2007 3:31 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:
treat24 wrote:

I'm not totally sure if we still have Wiggins either, not sure why I assumed he was still with the club, but either way at this point I would like to see a TE that can be a receiving threat. After seeing the passing game last year, I am going to be cautious in how I approach my expectations, although I could easily see Tarvaris get into the upper teens as far as passing TD's go, but I think Richardson-Taylor-Peterson will get the bulk of the offensive TD's and as the offensive takes a more methodical approach and moves into the redzone rather than explosive, long TD's through the passing game.

yeah i was just joking around... we don't have wiggins anymore... I think that we will need to relieve pressure on the box with long throws which TJ definitely has the arm for. Williamson has the speed and Rice has the game speed and size... not sure how much of allison we will see this year... But I agree, strength is in the trenches and the run game. I just don't think we can let everyone play the run on us. We will have to dump it off in screens and get some deeper plays to open those holes and keep teams from stacking 8 on us... I honestly know so little about VS that i'm not sure of his role... but richardson plays amazing or did on screens... so I see that coming with the way childress was in philly and to a lesser extent in minny last year...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BlueBandit24 » Thu May 17, 2007 3:41 pm

treat24 wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:
treat24 wrote:

yeah i was just joking around... we don't have wiggins anymore... I think that we will need to relieve pressure on the box with long throws which TJ definitely has the arm for. Williamson has the speed and Rice has the game speed and size... not sure how much of allison we will see this year... But I agree, strength is in the trenches and the run game. I just don't think we can let everyone play the run on us. We will have to dump it off in screens and get some deeper plays to open those holes and keep teams from stacking 8 on us... I honestly know so little about VS that i'm not sure of his role... but richardson plays amazing or did on screens... so I see that coming with the way childress was in philly and to a lesser extent in minny last year...

I'm on board with that. ;-D Jackson is obviously a pivotal piece to this team, and if he combines an understanding of the offense and leadership to go along with his physical abilities, he should be a very good QB.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RiffRaff » Fri May 18, 2007 9:30 pm

Guys,

You guys obviously have higher expectations of TJ than I do. Hope I'm wrong, but I think this experiment will not work at all. By Game 4 Viking Nation will be chanting for Brookes; That is plain and simple crazy and scary.

TJ simply hasn't played at a level that goes anywhere near what the NFL will show him week in and week out.

It's going to be a very painful year to watch, but I'll grin and take it.

Again, Hope I'm Wrong.
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby treat24 » Sat May 19, 2007 6:21 am

RiffRaff wrote:Guys,

You guys obviously have higher expectations of TJ than I do. Hope I'm wrong, but I think this experiment will not work at all. By Game 4 Viking Nation will be chanting for Brookes; That is plain and simple crazy and scary.

TJ simply hasn't played at a level that goes anywhere near what the NFL will show him week in and week out.

Again, Hope I'm Wrong.

you are... if they had that many question marks around TJ they would have taken a look at a QB in free agency or before the 7th friggin' round... I honestly believe that TJ gives us the best shot at winning... and by a broad margin... Even if he struggles Childress will give him slack...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RiffRaff » Sat May 19, 2007 9:26 am

treat24 wrote:
RiffRaff wrote:Guys,

Again, Hope I'm Wrong.

you are... if they had that many question marks around TJ they would have taken a look at a QB in free agency or before the 7th friggin' round... I honestly believe that TJ gives us the best shot at winning... and by a broad margin... Even if he struggles Childress will give him slack...

Who has Chilly Groomed? McNabb, Come on, he didn't groom him. Who else? AJ flippin Feely, nope. Seriously, the media panned him as a QB guy because Why?

I think they made a blunder. You can't go into a season with a 2nd Year, below D1; a career backup type QB; Drew Henson,WTF; and some guy from a program that started from the Ground Up.

Plus, who is he going to throw to? Joe Montana would not have been considered for the Hall of Fame if he had to play with these receivers.

Question. What would Montana had produced with these receivers in his prime?

Probably the numbers you have projected for a 2nd Year QB from a Div 1AA is my guess.

Again, hope I'm wrong, I just don't see it.

Have fun with the Brewers Series Treatie Boy.
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RiffRaff » Sat May 19, 2007 9:27 am

Sorry,

Montana could not run for that many yards, I didn't want to leave myself exposed to that oversite.
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Minnesota Vikings