Tarvaris Jackson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Minnesota Vikings

Tarvaris Jackson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Tarvaris Jackson

Postby BlueBandit24 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:08 am

treat24 wrote:Tarvaris LIT UP the Jets when they tangled for one quarter last year during the season... what you think he'll do in the 1st quarter on friday?

Good completion percentage for low yardage. The Jets secondary isn't stellar so I think he'll have some success. The only thing I really care about is that he plays the whole 1st half with the rest of the first unit. I don't understand why Childress would consider throwing in Bollinger for 1st team reps. Jackson is the QB, and you've already split a few reps in camp. Tarvaris needs as much experience as possible and it makes no sense to throw Bollinger out there when he is going to be backing up T-Jax anyway. Let Jackson work as much with the 1st team as possible so they can try and develop some kind of chemistry. T-Jax is the guy for this year and the future, no sense in even entertaining the thought of Bollinger seeing any significant playing time barring injury. This team isn't a contender and Bollinger seeing first team action just stunts development further. Holy s#*@ I will snap if Chilly sends Brooks out there in the 2nd quarter with the rest of the 1st team. He's backup material, let him stay there. :-D

End rant.

As for Jackson tonight, I'd like to see some shots taken downfield. I know the playcallers never like to reveal their super top secret offense, but at least provide defenses with the threat of a downfield strike to relax the defense a bit. Good decisions along with confidence and poise are the things I am looking for out of T-Jax tonight.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BlueBandit24 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:05 am

It's become blatantly clear that at this point in his career Tarvaris is an awful decision-maker. He doesn't protect the ball, throws into coverage, and his accuracy has been iffy at best. I almost started a Fire Childress thread because of this because Chilly staked his career on this guy by foolishly moving up several rounds to grab him and then throwing him to the Wolves in his 2nd season. A Lions defense that Josh McCown carved for 300 yards shut down our offense completely thanks to our backwards passing attack. He's not going to get benched because Bollinger sucks too and he is the future of both the Vikings and Childress, but if he doesn't show any signs of improvement this season Childress should get the axe and we should embark on the Andre Woodson/Brian Brohm era before this franchise gets stalled anymore. We finally have a formidable defense and a stud at RB, the organization can't let Tarvaris and Childress stagnate it.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby treat24 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:18 am

SUCKS
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby BlueBandit24 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:34 pm

Some dude from ProFootballTalk was on KFAN the other day and claimed he had a source in the organization who believes that the Vikes have lost faith in T-Jax. Now, ProFootballTalk is hardly a reliable source, but it's at least some food for thought. The supposedly reliable source believes that a free agent QB (Derek Anderson) will be brought in to start in 2008. Obviously it's a long way from coming to fruition, but it's exciting to think of the prospect of the Vikes having a passing game again.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Tiki » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:39 pm

Yeah I am passing on him.... :-t
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re:

Postby RiffRaff » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:27 pm

treat24 wrote:
RiffRaff wrote:Guys,

You guys obviously have higher expectations of TJ than I do. Hope I'm wrong, but I think this experiment will not work at all. By Game 4 Viking Nation will be chanting for Brookes; That is plain and simple crazy and scary.

TJ simply hasn't played at a level that goes anywhere near what the NFL will show him week in and week out.

It's going to be a very painful year to watch, but I'll grin and take it.

Again, Hope I'm Wrong.

you are... if they had that many question marks around TJ they would have taken a look at a QB in free agency or before the 7th friggin' round... I honestly believe that TJ gives us the best shot at winning... and by a broad margin... Even if he struggles Childress will give him slack...

Treat was right about the SLACK. Hope we all are on-board with the fact that we need a new QB. I wish we could have had half the numbers that you all thought TJ would get.

D. Anderson will be too high of a price to pay. Maybe we get Tebow in 2 years. ;-D
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:35 am

I don't want Tebow. When is the 1st time he makes an impact? 2012? I'd rather find a veteran QB who can hold this team together for a couple seasons, someone like Garcia who could have done that this year. Then draft a QB who can sit and learn for two years who has good upside and pedigree, like an Erik Ainge, Chad Henne, or maybe even take a chance on Colt Brennan. These guys will likely be available in the 2nd or 3rd round. I'm not a huge fan of any of the rookie prospects, but if I had to pick one for a 1st round pick it would be Brohm. The key component is Childress, dump him this offseason and the offense becomes better by default.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RiffRaff » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:19 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:I don't want Tebow. When is the 1st time he makes an impact? 2012? I'd rather find a veteran QB who can hold this team together for a couple seasons, someone like Garcia who could have done that this year. Then draft a QB who can sit and learn for two years who has good upside and pedigree, like an Erik Ainge, Chad Henne, or maybe even take a chance on Colt Brennan. These guys will likely be available in the 2nd or 3rd round. I'm not a huge fan of any of the rookie prospects, but if I had to pick one for a 1st round pick it would be Brohm. The key component is Childress, dump him this offseason and the offense becomes better by default.

Tebow was an inside joke with Treat.

Dumping Chilly is the key.

Getting a McNabb or Delhome in the off season and grooming a rookie would be an ideal situation with a Coach like Cowher. ;-D
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby treat24 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:10 am

RiffRaff wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:I don't want Tebow. When is the 1st time he makes an impact? 2012? I'd rather find a veteran QB who can hold this team together for a couple seasons, someone like Garcia who could have done that this year. Then draft a QB who can sit and learn for two years who has good upside and pedigree, like an Erik Ainge, Chad Henne, or maybe even take a chance on Colt Brennan. These guys will likely be available in the 2nd or 3rd round. I'm not a huge fan of any of the rookie prospects, but if I had to pick one for a 1st round pick it would be Brohm. The key component is Childress, dump him this offseason and the offense becomes better by default.

Getting a McNabb or Delhome in the off season and grooming a rookie would be an ideal situation with a Coach like Cowher. ;-D

Don't even get me started! Man I would love to see the scowl here.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby BlueBandit24 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:50 am

RiffRaff wrote:

I hate being on the outside. :-{

I had a feeling it wasn't serious but I just love ranting about the Vikings anyway. 8-o

I agree, dumping Chilly should be priority #1 this offseason. :-D
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Minnesota Vikings