Sometimes witnesses do get involved!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Sometimes witnesses do get involved!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby beanoX3 » Thu May 17, 2007 3:57 pm

BGbootha wrote:While I a whole heartedly agree that the guy got what he deserved, does anyone else wonder why this 'passer bye' was able to shoot the guy and the officer wasn't? :-? :-?

It was probably like all the other incidents where an officer is shot during a routine traffic stop. The officer most likely didn't approach the car with his gun drawn because he had no reason to draw it immediately.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BGbootha » Thu May 17, 2007 4:03 pm

treat24 wrote:
BGbootha wrote:
treat24 wrote:
BGbootha wrote:While I a whole heartedly agree that the guy got what he deserved, does anyone else wonder why this 'passer bye' was able to shoot the guy and the officer wasn't? :-? :-?

the perp was reloading...

Ohhh, I guess I should read it closer....

And how did you get in between a double post, my school computer is geeking the heck out.

I have insane cafe speed... and i have a hammy-buster on my windshield so hammy never catches me...

impressive....where do you get a hammy-jammer
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby stomperrob » Thu May 17, 2007 4:04 pm

beanoX3 wrote:

It was probably like all the other incidents where an officer is shot during a routine traffic stop. The officer most likely didn't approach the car with his gun drawn because he had no reason to draw it immediately.

Unfortunately too many officers get killed because they let their guard down in a "routine" traffic stop. Also not mentioned in this article was that the officer knew the perp and while he had problems with him in the past, I guess he felt he had no reason to fear for his life and was probably caught off guard when the perp pulled a gun.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby treat24 » Thu May 17, 2007 4:11 pm

BGbootha wrote:
treat24 wrote:
BGbootha wrote:
treat24 wrote:

And how did you get in between a double post, my school computer is geeking the heck out.

I have insane cafe speed... and i have a hammy-buster on my windshield so hammy never catches me...

ask joel... obviously he has one... I stole mine from him, I think he got a newer one...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby stomperrob » Fri May 18, 2007 2:24 am

Definitely a nice contrast to the Detroit story where everyone just stood around and watched the 91 year old take a beating. ;-D ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri May 18, 2007 10:00 am

Best part of the story:

Ayotte said the state has decided Floyd's actions were justified and he will not be facing any charges.

So often a good story like this is ruined with somebody getting in trouble for doing the right thing. :-/

Great job by this guy. KUDOS :-b ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri May 18, 2007 10:02 am

treat24 wrote:
BGbootha wrote:
treat24 wrote:
BGbootha wrote:
treat24 wrote:

ask joel... obviously he has one... I stole mine from him, I think he got a newer one...

Shhhhh.....

they weren't supposed to know about those. 8-o :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk