School janitor phones in phoney gunfire complaint - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

School janitor phones in phoney gunfire complaint

Moderator: Football Moderators

School janitor phones in phoney gunfire complaint

Postby stomperrob » Thu May 17, 2007 3:27 pm

Don't think this guy's elevator goes to the top floor!

Police Arrest Janitor After School Gunfire Hoax

Investigators: Janitor Made Similar Call Last Week

POSTED: 6:22 am EDT May 17, 2007
UPDATED: 3:52 pm EDT May 17, 2007

FRANKLIN, Ind. -- Police have arrested a Franklin Community High School janitor accused of phoning in a gunfire hoax.

Authorities evacuated hundreds of people late Wednesday afternoon from the school after a caller indicated a gunman had fired shots in the building.

The call came after school hours, so only about 200 people were inside. Police said Shaun Starks made the call and that he confessed to doing it.

Starks faces charges of intimidation and two counts of false reporting. Investigators said Starks also was involved in a similar incident at the school last week.

"Because of the seriousness of the kind of report that it was, I don't think you're going to see any judge, prosecutors or anybody else laughing when the sentence is handed in," said Johnson County prosecutor Lance Hamner.

According to police, Starks made the call just before 4:30 p.m., telling them that a man was shooting in the school. They released a transcript of the call.

"At the high school there is a black guy in here with a gun. He has on a white and green shirt. (Loud bang.) Oh, my God."

Officers from several police agencies responded to the school, searched the building and determined the call was a hoax.

Police said the description of the gunman matched a man at the school, but that he was questioned and was not involved.

Investigators said the call came from the maintenance room inside the building.

Starks told police that students have been disrespectful toward him and that he had been called the "N-word" while working at the school.

Starks was being held Thursday in the Johnson County Jail on $5,000 bond. If convicted, Starks could be sentenced to as much as three years in jail.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Thu May 17, 2007 3:34 pm

that is one dumb guy if this is what happened... what did he think was gonna happen with NO evidence at all... He coulda gotten the kid in trouble for so many other realistic things if he wanted to... (which I don't think he should have)... This is crazy...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby portisfan24 » Thu May 17, 2007 4:20 pm

What a cool thing to do weeks after the VT shooting. What a douche :-t
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk