Yikes... My Xbox 360 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Video Games

Yikes... My Xbox 360

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moonhead » Tue May 22, 2007 2:42 am

the 360 hard drive is on top. it just pops in and out.
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby sox 06 » Tue May 22, 2007 7:05 am

Karoz wrote:
sox 06 wrote:I thought I read somewhere that Xbox isn't doing the "send a box and you send the Xbox back" repair thing anymore. I might be wrong but if they do still do that I think you only send in the actual Xbox and you keep all of your accessories (controllers, harddrives, memory cards etc.). I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's the case.


However, if you were to keep your hard drive, wouldn't you have to open up your 360? In that case, your warranty would become void.

Just press the button on top of the harddrive that is located on the top of the 360 and it pops right off.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 3238
Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Boomtown

Postby Karoz » Wed May 23, 2007 10:16 am

Thanks moon and sox, I didn't realize that the hard drive came off so easily.

Obviously, I hope that my 360 doesn't fail, but I should be fine if it does. Judging by the advice given here, it seems as if all I would have to do is pop my hard drive off and send in the 360 for repairs.
Image
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1697
Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tennessee

Postby fantasybeast27 » Wed May 23, 2007 5:36 pm

Karoz wrote:Thanks moon and sox, I didn't realize that the hard drive came off so easily.

Obviously, I hope that my 360 doesn't fail, but I should be fine if it does. Judging by the advice given here, it seems as if all I would have to do is pop my hard drive off and send in the 360 for repairs.


Not a bad idea, but I would have just bought a memory card, put the info on the card and get a brand new xbox. Less chance it will break again. And the cost is prolly about the same.
Image
fantasybeast27
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1310
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Minnesota

Re: Yikes... My Xbox 360

Postby sox 06 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:20 pm

Well after a little more than a year, my 360 got the three red lights. Its still under warranty but I have to do this "send a box, then send in my 360, recieve a gift certificate and then go to Circuit City and use that gift certificate to buy a new 360 :-t ." foolishness. I also read in the warranty info that I need to send in all of the accessories, including my hard drive, which I am not too pleased about at all :-C
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 3238
Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Boomtown

Re: Yikes... My Xbox 360

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:07 pm

sox 06 wrote:Well after a little more than a year, my 360 got the three red lights. Its still under warranty but I have to do this "send a box, then send in my 360, recieve a gift certificate and then go to Circuit City and use that gift certificate to buy a new 360 :-t ." foolishness. I also read in the warranty info that I need to send in all of the accessories, including my hard drive, which I am not too pleased about at all :-C


That sucks. My 360 screwed up, but thankfully it was under warrinty with best buy, so I was able to go to the store with it and get a new one in the same day and they let me keep my hard drive.
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Re: Yikes... My Xbox 360

Postby sox 06 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:26 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
sox 06 wrote:Well after a little more than a year, my 360 got the three red lights. Its still under warranty but I have to do this "send a box, then send in my 360, recieve a gift certificate and then go to Circuit City and use that gift certificate to buy a new 360 :-t ." foolishness. I also read in the warranty info that I need to send in all of the accessories, including my hard drive, which I am not too pleased about at all :-C


That sucks. My 360 screwed up, but thankfully it was under warrinty with best buy, so I was able to go to the store with it and get a new one in the same day and they let me keep my hard drive.

That's what I thought I was going to be able to do with Circuit City's warranty that I paid an extra $80 for. But when I went there with my 360, receipt and warranty info, the person said to call this 1-800 number and now I'm still waiting for the shipping label to show up. Then I have to go to the UPS store, PAY for a box to ship it in then wait probably another 5-7 days for them to send me a gift certificate. Then I can drive over to CC and buy another one %-6
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 3238
Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Boomtown

Re: Yikes... My Xbox 360

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:44 pm

I've been kicking back and forth the idea of a 360 or PS3, both for the HD players they include and to get back into console games. I've heard from several friends who have also had problems with their 360's as described in this thread... is it all that common or are these just the exceptions we're hearing about?

I've been leaning towards a 360, but the majority of my friends have PS3 so there's the online play with them to consider as well. If the 360 has hardware issues that'll definitely influence my decision.
Image
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8540
(Past Year: 13)
Joined: 17 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indy

Re: Yikes... My Xbox 360

Postby sox 06 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:54 pm

scottaa1 wrote:I've been kicking back and forth the idea of a 360 or PS3, both for the HD players they include and to get back into console games. I've heard from several friends who have also had problems with their 360's as described in this thread... is it all that common or are these just the exceptions we're hearing about?

I've been leaning towards a 360, but the majority of my friends have PS3 so there's the online play with them to consider as well. If the 360 has hardware issues that'll definitely influence my decision.

I had the one that is now broken for a little over a year with no problems, until now. When it was working, I loved it. But, keep this in mind. If you do a Google search, there are some links that say the failure rate of 360's is around 30-33%. The newer ones have some kind of new design/chip that should reduce this rate, that's what they say at least. My advice, if you're going to get one, shell out the money for the longer warranty.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 3238
Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Boomtown

Re: Yikes... My Xbox 360

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:15 pm

Thanks for the information and the link, Sox, I appreciate it. :-)
Image
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8540
(Past Year: 13)
Joined: 17 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indy

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 15:10 hours
(and 44 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact