Serpentine? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Legion of Doom

Serpentine?

Moderators: The_Captain, mutantseabass, Football Moderators

Serpentine?

Postby jayday » Sat May 19, 2007 3:27 pm

I wasn't sure where to post this, so feel free to move it wherever...

It says we'll have a serpentine draft order for the rookie drafts...I'm sure you have a reason for it but I'm just curious why we're doing it that way instead of a standard worst-to-first every round....

With it being a dynasty league where most of the roster is retained, wouldn't it make more sense to have the standard order to try to "level the playing field" by giving teams with the lower records more high picks in the rookie draft? I'm just thinking out loud...In the NFL, it does a great job of creating parity...And for a dynasty league to survive, I think parity should be number one on the agenda....

Also, the serpentine order would benefit me as I am picking 7th....So I'm not trying to help myself out here...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat May 19, 2007 11:29 pm

The rookie drafts that I'm having in my other dynasty leagues are NFL style. I think I brought this up in the general discussion thread but we never talked about it really. I think it's pretty standard to have it NFL style in dynasty rookie drafts. I'm fine with whatever but I like having the NFL stayle rookie drafts in dynasty. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby logan » Sun May 20, 2007 5:06 pm

nfl style is fine with me as well but then i'm fine with it either way really.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Santacruzer » Sun May 20, 2007 7:01 pm

Either way would be fine with me. Both options can make a strong case and both make sense IMO. Whatever the majority wants.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flux » Sun May 20, 2007 7:48 pm

you all probably do need to put me at a disadvantage to have a chance, so the NFL style is fine with me B-)
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Sun May 20, 2007 8:38 pm

I guess I assumed NFL style as well. That is how I have done all of my previous rookie drafts. I will go with the majority, but I think NFL is the standard
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sun May 20, 2007 8:41 pm

Isn't it too late to change it up since there have been trades affecting draft picks already made?
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun May 20, 2007 10:24 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Isn't it too late to change it up since there have been trades affecting draft picks already made?

I would think only if someone involved in one of those trades really objects to changing it. :-?

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby logan » Mon May 21, 2007 12:11 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Isn't it too late to change it up since there have been trades affecting draft picks already made?

I would think only if someone involved in one of those trades really objects to changing it. :-?

it would really only affect the even rounds as that would be the flip. all the odds would be fine.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon May 21, 2007 7:30 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:

As I was. Not to mention it changes draft/trade strategy this close to the draft. I am sure the people with earlier 2nd round picks would support a change like this too.

I am not really for changing any rules affecting drafting or scoring in a dynasty league, after they've already been established. It's not like it's a complete redraft the following year. It does matter and tinker with things that shouldn't be.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Legion of Doom