2007 Compiled Positional Rankings (Updated 8/17, IDP Added) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2007 Compiled Positional Rankings (Updated 8/17, IDP Added)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2007 Compiled Positional Rankings (Updated 8/17, IDP Added)

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:36 pm

My league just opened up and sub'd out the K for an IDP. Only 1 from any position. What type of IDP scores the most points? I'm assuming it would Lbs except for Champ Bailey. And insight would be helpful/
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby suckerpuncher » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:59 pm

BALCOBOMBER wrote:My league just opened up and sub'd out the K for an IDP. Only 1 from any position. What type of IDP scores the most points? I'm assuming it would Lbs except for Champ Bailey. And insight would be helpful/

That completely depends on the scoring you use for IDP's.
Some favor LB other favor DL or DB.

The best thing is to check how many points the players from the different groups got last year to see if any groups has an edge.
suckerpuncher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ironman » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:46 am

suckerpuncher wrote:
BALCOBOMBER wrote:My league just opened up and sub'd out the K for an IDP. Only 1 from any position. What type of IDP scores the most points? I'm assuming it would Lbs except for Champ Bailey. And insight would be helpful/

The best thing is to check how many points the players from the different groups got last year to see if any groups has an edge.

Yeah definitely check out the scoring. I tend to favor LB's because they're probably the most reliable and consistent source for solo tackles. A good DL can score big with sacks, but can also burn you sometimes if they don't get any sacks and manage just one solo tackle in a game. Same goes for CB's that aren't big tacklers. If you're relying on them to get an interception you'll be in trouble. DB's, often safetys that can get a lot of tackles are a better bet.
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby spamnon » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:26 am

looks good iron man! thanks.
I love fantasy football, but I love fantasy life more...http://www.citypixel.com/AM
spamnon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:56 am

ironman wrote:
suckerpuncher wrote:

Yeah definitely check out the scoring. I tend to favor LB's because they're probably the most reliable and consistent source for solo tackles. A good DL can score big with sacks, but can also burn you sometimes if they don't get any sacks and manage just one solo tackle in a game. Same goes for CB's that aren't big tacklers. If you're relying on them to get an interception you'll be in trouble. DB's, often safetys that can get a lot of tackles are a better bet.

Exactly Iron man. Sure you want to check out the scoring but the fact is more times than not the LBs are the safest bet because they will get you points every week. I consider them much like a financial hedge. They may not score the highest points but will definately be active every game.

Love the rankings iron man. ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby moose162 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:03 pm

What's the reasoning for placing Jared Allen so low? With his suspension reduced he has to be top 10.
moose162
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby YerInUrine » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:30 pm

Nice, thanks man
YerInUrine
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Football Talk