McGahee - 180 degree change... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McGahee - 180 degree change...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: McGahee - 180 degree change...

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:38 am

aaawall91 wrote: Clayton, Williams, Heap, and the other one (can't think of his name... :-? ) all are legitament threats in the passing game.

derrick mason maybe? :-? :b
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby smackthefirst » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:43 am

Yeah, not sure how he overlooked Mason but oh well. As for Willis, I think he will put up slightly better numbers than he did in Buffalo and slightly better numbers than Lewis put up last year in Baltimore. The problem that remains though is the offensive line. Baltimore's line has been taking steps back for a few years now and they are getting up there in age. I think Willis should be drafted anywhere from pick 12-16 in a standard 12 team league. I can see him going as high as 10-11 to some teams, but personally I would wait until the turn at the earliest.

But if Willis keeps up his work ethic, and the Ravens show some improvement during the preseason, Willis has the potential to slowly start moving up my rankings.
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby CC » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Azrael wrote:
mrblitz wrote:I also believe he will have a solid season. But as far as fantasy is concerned, I'm going to try and steer
away from him, until he shows me something in Baltimore.

Once he shows you something, then it's too late.

Bingo.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby brdmaverick » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:50 am

I have McGahee as one of my three keepers and I'm trying to trade him while his new perceived value with Baltimore is high.

While I think he will turn out to have a decent year, I don't think he will be the second coming of Corey Dillon in his first year with New England.

I mean, I've been burnt by that before. I thought Moss was going to have a monster year in his first year with the Raiders.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:53 am

brdmaverick wrote:I have McGahee as one of my three keepers and I'm trying to trade him while his new perceived value with Baltimore is high.

While I think he will turn out to have a decent year, I don't think he will be the second coming of Corey Dillon in his first year with New England.

I mean, I've been burnt by that before. I thought Moss was going to have a monster year in his first year with the Raiders.

There's the rub of FF. The speculative nature of managing your team requires that chances be taken, moreso by those who don't have favorable draft positions. Willis is a great risk/reward pick this year, methinks, he will put up enough numbers not to be why you lost and has potential to post stats that could lead you into the playoffs. I like him late in round 1, early rouond 2.
I can't stop looking at Jamal lumbering down the field and imagine what McGahee's speed and power would have produced on those plays.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby WessWackos » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:17 pm

Lets be careful to not pat little Willis on the head too soon. I highly doubt he's made a 180 degree change in anything. He's still a spoiled brat, so as soon as things don't go his way in Baltimore he'll be on his little tummy kicking and hitting the ground.

This dude missed 5/5 volunteer camps that could have made himself AND his team that much better?

Good luck Baltimore

P.S. I'm not a bills fan nor a Baltimore hater.

Hey Willis...................see "Curtis Martin" thread in this same forum.
WessWackos
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby sportsaddict » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:44 pm

McGahee's always been kind of obnoxious with an attitude problem, but hey who could blame him coming out of the U. :-)

I'd like to see him change his ways and become more of a hard working, blue collar type player. That would be good for him and the Ravens. We shall wait and see what happens with him, if he wants to become more dedicated and hard working then more power to him.
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

-Joe Theismann (pronounced theese-MAN, not rhyming with Heisman)
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk