Commissioners: Need help with offseason league conflict - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Commissioners: Need help with offseason league conflict

Moderator: Football Moderators

If you were Commish in this situation, what would you do?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:57 pm

Ask all other owners to come up with the $ as requested by Owner A, and pay him.
50%
Tell Owner A the matter is over with, since it wasn't noticed until months after the season ended.
11%
Discount the League Entry Fee for Owner A for the 2007 season by the amount in dispute
39%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 18

Postby Jimboozie » Fri May 25, 2007 9:03 am

Pay that man his money.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PHI » Fri May 25, 2007 2:40 pm

Did your league keep an updated running total of all fees owed by each owner? Were all owners able to view this total on a weekly basis?

I'm asking this because if all owners are able to view a running total of their fees, it shouldn't have been too hard to figure out that teams weren't being charged the correct amount for each loss. If nothing was said, then it seems likely that owners were hoping to get out of the extras fees and stiff the other owners. This would include the winner. In this case, I say the books are closed and be done with it.

If, however, owners had no way of regularly checking what they owed and thus had no way of discovering the error. Pony up the money and pay the man. All owners agreed before the season to pay a specific amount for each loss and should do so. Just because a software error occurred and nobody had a chance to catch it, doesn't mean everyone should get out of paying it.
Fantasy Football Junkies Anonymous meetings held weekly on Sundays... and Mondays... and sometimes Thursdays.
PHI
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dream_017 » Fri May 25, 2007 2:52 pm

Jimboozie wrote:Pay that man his money.

;-D

dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby Pete123444 » Fri May 25, 2007 4:26 pm

I agree with dream. All the owners knew the rules and should send in the money they owe for losses. And that money should be properly directed to whomever is entitled to it. ;-D

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri May 25, 2007 10:53 pm

Went with the 3rd option, seems the fairest and most logical to me.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby spodog » Fri May 25, 2007 10:55 pm

PHI wrote:Did your league keep an updated running total of all fees owed by each owner? Were all owners able to view this total on a weekly basis?

Yes and Yes.

There was no malice on any owner's part here. It just got overlooked, and since it was equitable to all teams during the course of the season, it was not obvious.

Since no one knows ahead of time who was going to end up winning, it is not the case of anyone trying to screw anyone else, it was just an oversight.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri May 25, 2007 11:02 pm

The man gave his money with the knowledge of what he would get if he won, and he didn't get what he expected. He deserves his money. Give it to him.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri May 25, 2007 11:15 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:The man gave his money with the knowledge of what he would get if he won, and he didn't get what he expected. He deserves his money. Give it to him.

I agree. Get him the money one way or the other.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat May 26, 2007 2:08 am

My question is this: Where did the missing "few hundred dollars" go? I mean usually all the money taken in is given out to the top whatever teams. So the winner got shorted, but where did the extra $ go? :-?

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Darth Vader » Sat May 26, 2007 10:28 am

I dont think the money "went" anywhere. It sounds like the owners agreed to all conditions, paid the original entry, but then never paid the additional fees that were racked up.

Since you guys kept the records. You all need top pony up the money and pay that winner of the league. If you discount next year's entry , then you are weakening the league.
Thanks richwyld for the sig
2006 Bourbon Bowl Champion (Cool River 8 Team Keeper)
2006 Cool River 2nd Place (14 Team)
2005 Cool River 8th Place (12 teams)
Darth Vader
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Commissioner's Corner