Suffered Extreme Fear... Just A Product Of My Imagination? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Suffered Extreme Fear... Just A Product Of My Imagination?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Karoz » Fri May 25, 2007 4:56 am

knapplc wrote:It could have been an anxiety attack. I have a friend who gets these and they really wipe him out sometimes. Don't be afraid to talk to your doctor if it happens again. They can work with you on these things.

If it doesn't happen again, it could have been "just one of those things." We all get the heebie-jeebies sometimes. Your mind plays tricks on you or you just get tired and the barriers between you and your fears get a bit worn down, and suddenly there you are, in the midst of this fear that has no rational basis, when really it's just those same fears and concerns you always had but usually deal with. I notice this was posted at 4:41am. Were you really tired when it happened? That could have a lot to do with it.

How did this all turn out? I assume the feeling went away, so how did it go away, and how are you now?

Yes, I was pretty tired at the time. I had been up for quite a while, and I was planning on going to bed within an hour.

At the time, the feeling was very overwhelming, so I left the room and sat in a chair. I did this so that my back would be up against something. However, even then, the feeling was still there to an extent. The fear subsided around a minute after I had sat down.

Popcynical wrote:Are you sure something didn't trigger this? Or was it just random.

Seems strange to me that it would happen out of the blue.. but the human body is a strange thing.

Well, one of the things that I was reading up on was waking up while your body is still paralyzed from REM sleep. This caused me to recall a specific instance where this happened to me. Most people experience it at least once in their lifetime. You can't move, you have some difficulty breathing, and you hear extremely loud noises around you.

This was the last thing that went through my mind before the episode of fear set in. I don't scare easily, so it's hard for me to believe that this could have triggered it.

mrblitz wrote:When I read this , it sounded to me, like a form of anxiety attack. I had one in my life,and it was only a couple years ago. I was in traffic coming home from work. When all of a sudden, I felt an instant feel of panic come over me, my chest felt tight, and my breathing got really frantic. I threw off my seatbelt, not knowing what to do, when the feeling quickly subsided. I was panicking when I was feeling this, because I had no idea, what the Hell was going on. When I told a few people about it, they told me it was more than likely just an anxiety attack. Scared the crap out of me, that's all I know. Never happened again. Yet

This was what I thought about immediately after the fear subsided.

I had read about panic and anxiety attacks before, and it sounded similar to one. However, I'm not sure if it was this, since putting my back up against the wall seemed to ease the fear to a degree.

Perhaps, as Knapp said, the fact that I was tired had something to do with it. At the time of the event, I had been up for a long time.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jimboozie » Fri May 25, 2007 5:33 am

Deerayfan was stalking you, looking to tap it from behind. 8-o
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby houstonherdfan » Fri May 25, 2007 7:08 am

Sounds alot like anxiety attack too. My cousin get them. His got so bad at one point that he was afraid to leave the house. He did not go out his house for about 6 months. His therapist had to make house calls. He got better but still has a few attacks every year.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby The Lung » Fri May 25, 2007 10:26 am

Maybe it was a ghost? How long have you lived at that residence? Any other unusual or possibly paranormal occurences there?
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby Karoz » Fri May 25, 2007 1:51 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:Sounds alot like anxiety attack too. My cousin get them. His got so bad at one point that he was afraid to leave the house. He did not go out his house for about 6 months. His therapist had to make house calls. He got better but still has a few attacks every year.

I've never had any medical problems whatsoever, completely healthy. Hopefully I will remain this way, and this will turn out to not be a precursor to a bigger problem. Your cousin's case was obviously very severe. I can't imagine not wanting to leave the house for six month.

The Lung wrote:Maybe it was a ghost? How long have you lived at that residence? Any other unusual or possibly paranormal occurences there?

Thought about it, but didn't give it a whole lot of consideration. Although, this does bring up an interesting fact that I should share with you. Now I'm not insinuating that ghosts are real nor am I saying that they aren't.

However, there are events that have occurred that I haven't been able to explain. Things such as scissors being thrown at you when nobody else is in the house, seeing clear cut shadows of people walking by when in all actuality, nobody is there. There was also an interesting incident with a vase that was found buried in the yard, we brought it in and it would constantly shake and fall off of the table. We eventually threw it away, but it kept showing back up on the table, no matter how many times we tried to get rid of it. The vase incident could have been someone playing a joke, though, so I don't completely believe in it.

Interestingly enough, the site where my house is now used to be a graveyard. In the 1890's, the headstones and church were removed, but they didn't bother with any excavation. So, basically, they just built our house on top of a graveyard, just like in the movie Poltergeist.

It is extremely weird, as you can actually see graveyard style mist rising from the ground in the early hours of the morning.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Fri May 25, 2007 2:20 pm

I think you got ghosts, Karoz. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby mrblitz » Fri May 25, 2007 2:32 pm

The Lung wrote:I think you got ghosts, Karoz. ;-D

Yep, me too. Hopefully Casper is one of them. No seriously, I didn't know all of that, when you first posted. But having scissors being thrown at you, when no one is there. Holy Crap, I would call Ghostbusters immediately.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby stomperrob » Fri May 25, 2007 2:37 pm

Schizophrenia (from the Greek word σχιζοφρένεια, or schizophreneia, meaning "split mind") is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a mental disorder characterized by impairments in the perception or expression of reality, most commonly manifest as auditory hallucinations and paranoid or bizarre delusions

;-7 ;-) :-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Previous

Return to General Talk