Cops get Big Mac Attack while perp bleeds... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Cops get Big Mac Attack while perp bleeds...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cops get Big Mac Attack while perp bleeds...

Postby treat24 » Thu May 24, 2007 8:36 am

i'll look for an article on this but it's in the news in Minny...

some dude got caught by the cops with a police dog (the dog bit the bad guy)...

the cops were taking the bad guy to the hospital and decided to stop at McDonald's first... letting him sit there and bleed...

the bad guy is suing the city of Minneapolis for a ton o' cash...

I'll look around for an article to go with it...

silly cops... :-b way to raise my taxes potentially ;-D

found it... waits 6 years to sue.... interesting...

Minneapolis / Man sues, claims cops ate while he bled
City denies officers stopped at McDonald's when suspect needed dog-bite treatment
BY SHANNON PRATHER
Pioneer Press
Article Last Updated: 05/23/2007 11:45:50 PM CDT

A man who says two Minneapolis police officers had a Big Mac attack while he sat in the back of their squad car, bleeding from a police dog bite, now wants the city to pay.

Don Newcom Conley says in a lawsuit that officers unleashed a police dog on him during a 2001 arrest, allowing the canine to bite his leg and head.

The two officers eventually took Conley to Hennepin County Medical Center, but not before chatting on their cell phones and stopping at a McDonald's to eat, Conley alleges.

Conley's suit claims civil rights violations, assault and battery, negligence and intentional infliction of emotional distress. The case was transferred from state court to federal court Friday.

"We believe it's egregious, enough to shock the conscience," said Albert Usumanu, Conley's attorney.

In court filings, the city has denied the allegations, including the claim that officers stopped for fast food with a bleeding suspect in the backseat. Charles J. Brown Jr., of the Minneapolis city attorney's office, declined to comment about the pending litigation.

Conley was riding in an Oldsmobile near 28th Avenue and East Lake Street in April 2001 when police activated their lights and attempted to stop the car.

"Instead of stopping, the Oldsmobile took off," according to the lawsuit. The car eventually stopped at 29th Avenue. Conley admits jumping out of the car and running.

Officer Robert Elmers released his police dog, Radar, who attacked and stopped Conley.
Advertisement
Conley was arrested and received medical treatment only after officers Aaron Morrison and Michael Primozich entered a McDonald's, ordered food and ate their meals, the suit contends.

Conley suffered "severe and permanent physical injuries," according to the lawsuit.

Usumanu admits his client has had run-ins with the police before.

"I am not going to talk about any convictions. He wasn't convicted on this particular incident," Usumanu said. "For lack of a better word, he's not a virgin when it comes to the system."
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby knapplc » Thu May 24, 2007 8:46 am

I'm certain this man suffered "severe and permanent physical injuries" - he probably has a scar the size of a dog's incisor on his leg. Wow. That's really egregious. ;-7
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu May 24, 2007 8:55 am

"For lack of a better word, he's not a virgin when it comes to the system."

That part made me laugh for some reason. :-b

First off, why is this just now coming out when it happened over five years ago? :-? Sounds fishy.

Also, how in the world could this guy have these severe physical injuries and not come out with them.

I would bet that the cops would win on this one, but who knows what the whole story is. !+) :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu May 24, 2007 10:51 am

The legal system in MN does take a while ;-7
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Return to General Talk