There was a threat at my school yesterday - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

There was a threat at my school yesterday

Moderator: Football Moderators

There was a threat at my school yesterday

Postby Guru13 » Thu May 24, 2007 9:27 am

and so I'm staying home today, they're locking the place up pretty tight, no backpacks, everyone goes in through the front doors, place is locked tight after 5pm, it's pretty crazy, I know some people still went today, but man, it's pretty scary.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: There was a threat at my school yesterday

Postby BGbootha » Thu May 24, 2007 9:30 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:and so I'm staying home today, they're locking the place up pretty tight, no backpacks, everyone goes in through the front doors, place is locked tight after 5pm, it's pretty crazy, I know some people still went today, but man, it's pretty scary.

Sorry to hear that man, when I started my schooling to become a teacher it really didn't seem that bad....that being said, since I started teaching (this september) we have had 1 shooting (killed student in hallway) and 4 lockdowns!!!! I never really thought about sending my kids to private school, but I just don't know anymore.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu May 24, 2007 9:30 am

That sucks, you're from MN right? Which school if you don't mind my asking?

I know the storm yesterday with the tornado canceled a couple schools. My F-I-L was actually right next to one where a power line came down and was sparking so they had to evacuate an elementary near by.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Guru13 » Thu May 24, 2007 9:31 am

I'm from MO, not MN, but we have almost 3000 kids in our school, and the thought of someone actually trying something is really, really scary.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu May 24, 2007 9:34 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I'm from MO, not MN, but we have almost 3000 kids in our school, and the thought of someone actually trying something is really, really scary.

Just a bit off. But I definitely think it's scary. I used to go to a school of 2000 and to think of someone even trying anything is scary with all those people in the school.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Madison » Thu May 24, 2007 9:35 am

BGbootha wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:and so I'm staying home today, they're locking the place up pretty tight, no backpacks, everyone goes in through the front doors, place is locked tight after 5pm, it's pretty crazy, I know some people still went today, but man, it's pretty scary.

Sorry to hear that man, when I started my schooling to become a teacher it really didn't seem that bad....that being said, since I started teaching (this september) we have had 1 shooting (killed student in hallway) and 4 lockdowns!!!! I never really thought about sending my kids to private school, but I just don't know anymore.

So you're saying it's all your fault, right? :-D

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BGbootha » Thu May 24, 2007 9:52 am

Madison wrote:
BGbootha wrote:

So you're saying it's all your fault, right? :-D

yeah basically.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby ironman » Thu May 24, 2007 10:18 am

BGbootha wrote:

Private schools aren't any less vulnerable to this problem.
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu May 24, 2007 10:25 am

ironman wrote:
BGbootha wrote:

Private schools aren't any less vulnerable to this problem.

There is a much higher teacher/student ratio in private schools. That in itself plays a HUGE role in deterring violence and criminal acts. Do they still happen? Yes, they aren't invulnerable, but they are much safer. I have heard stats to back this up, but a) stats can be twisted however you want and b) I can't find them, so I won't post them. :-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Thu May 24, 2007 10:41 am

what was the threat?
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk