24 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Pats4four » Thu May 24, 2007 12:21 pm

I'm just wondering whether any guys here watch it. I just started watching it this season and it's the best show on TV IMO.
Pats4four
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Thu May 24, 2007 12:28 pm

I've watched all six seasons. By far the best show on television.

However, if you liked this season, you will love the previous one's.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu May 24, 2007 12:32 pm

I used to watch it religiously... I really loved it... Then I kind of got to the point that it became too obscenely far fetched for me to watch... I mean how is it that one guy experiences all the craziness Jack Bauer experiences...

How many times can one guy possibly save the world in the span of 24 hours?

I guess I need to work on my imagination some...
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu May 24, 2007 12:51 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:I used to watch it religiously... I really loved it... Then I kind of got to the point that it became too obscenely far fetched for me to watch... I mean how is it that one guy experiences all the craziness Jack Bauer experiences...

No you don't I have been thinking the same thing, and how many times is someone he cares about gonna get kidnapped? And how many times is some one he trusts gonna turn out to be working for the bad guys. And how many times is he gonna break the rules and do what needs to be done? Its the same crap over and over and over again.

I'm not gonna say I didn't enjoy the show though, it was entertaining but the last few seasons have been entertaining in a "lets see how Jack does the same crap over again" sense. Know what I mean?

I'd never seen an episode on TV and started getting them through Netflicks and burned through the entire series in like 2 months. I enjoyed for the most part.

Anyway I think season 6 was the last season no? Or is 7 on right know, I forget?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu May 24, 2007 1:23 pm

The first 3 seasons were great and their the only ones I've seen, then all I hear are these disappointing stories of how everything is relatively the same and Jack Bauer never dies. But I think it's great with the uniqueness to see the whole day go by.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu May 24, 2007 1:27 pm

If you liked this season, watch the other 5 because they blow this season out of the water.

LOST is the best show on TV IMO but this is the other one I can't miss.
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Thu May 24, 2007 1:29 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:The first 3 seasons were great and their the only ones I've seen, then all I hear are these disappointing stories of how everything is relatively the same and Jack Bauer never dies. But I think it's great with the uniqueness to see the whole day go by.

I agree it is cool how one season equals a day. I just wish they would have developed other characters into the Jack roll instead of maiming, killing off or making them into bad guys. The show could have been a lot better with other main characters that were as bad ass as Jack.

I dunno I've been disappointed with the last few seasons but like I said they're still entertaining I guess.
Metroid

Postby BlueBandit24 » Thu May 24, 2007 1:31 pm

Metroid wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:I used to watch it religiously... I really loved it... Then I kind of got to the point that it became too obscenely far fetched for me to watch... I mean how is it that one guy experiences all the craziness Jack Bauer experiences...

No you don't I have been thinking the same thing, and how many times is someone he cares about gonna get kidnapped? And how many times is some one he trusts gonna turn out to be working for the bad guys. And how many times is he gonna break the rules and do what needs to be done? Its the same crap over and over and over again.

I'm not gonna say I didn't enjoy the show though, it was entertaining but the last few seasons have been entertaining in a "lets see how Jack does the same crap over again" sense. Know what I mean?

I'd never seen an episode on TV and started getting them through Netflicks and burned through the entire series in like 2 months. I enjoyed for the most part.

Anyway I think season 6 was the last season no? Or is 7 on right know, I forget?

Season 6 just ended this past Monday. I enjoy this show, but I would have to agree with the sentiments that it is getting to repetitive. Seasons 1-4 were very good but I think the novelty has worn off now, although I still watch religously.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu May 24, 2007 1:56 pm

And I'll tell you another thing...

If every girl I ever banged turned out to be a terrorist in the end, I think I would just quit having sex after a while...
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu May 24, 2007 2:35 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:And I'll tell you another thing...

If every girl I ever banged turned out to be a terrorist in the end, I think I would just quit having sex after a while...

HA! :-b
Metroid

Next

Return to General Talk