2007 Starting Lineup - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Minnesota Vikings

2007 Starting Lineup

Moderator: Football Moderators

2007 Starting Lineup

Postby BlueBandit24 » Thu May 24, 2007 2:51 pm

I'm bored so I was kicking around the potential starting lineup. It seems pretty set in most places, but here is what I came up with.

Offense:

QB-Tarvaris Jackson
RB-Chester Taylor
FB-Tony Richardson
WR-Troy Williamson
WR-Bobby Wade
TE-Vicente Shiancoe
LT-Bryant McKinnie
LG-Steve Hutchinson
C-Matt Birk
RG-Marcus Johnson
RT-Ryan Cook

Defense:

DE-Kenechi Udeze
DT-Kevin Williams
DT-Pat Williams
DE-Erasmus James
OLB-Chad Greenway
MLB-E.J. Henderson
OLB-Ben Leber
CB-Antoine Winfield
FS-Darren Sharper
SS-Mike Doss
CB-Cedric Griffin

Special Teams:

K-Ryan Longwell
P-Chris Kluwe
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu May 24, 2007 4:12 pm

It's possible, that could be the worst starting duo at wideout I've ever seen on the Vikings. You guys are in for a long season, but at least there's some hope on the horizon. Wade and Williamson aren't exactly Moss and Carter, but I do like Jackson's prospects at QB. Not from a fantasy standpoint, but as an actual QB, I think he'll be alright.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BlueBandit24 » Thu May 24, 2007 5:59 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:It's possible, that could be the worst starting duo at wideout I've ever seen on the Vikings. You guys are in for a long season, but at least there's some hope on the horizon. Wade and Williamson aren't exactly Moss and Carter, but I do like Jackson's prospects at QB. Not from a fantasy standpoint, but as an actual QB, I think he'll be alright.

Yea, we were really spoiled by the Moss-Carter tandem, and even the Carter-Reed and Carter-Carter combos before that. The hope is that Williamson's off-season vision correction helps reduce his drops and make him the deep threat this team needs. I'm not wildly optimistic, but if he can at least stretch the field a little bit with his speed it would be a vast improvement over what he has provided the last two seasons. The position looks bleak at this point, but Rice and Allison at least offer promise that it will steadily improve over the next few years.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby treat24 » Fri May 25, 2007 12:19 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:It's possible, that could be the worst starting duo at wideout I've ever seen on the Vikings. You guys are in for a long season, but at least there's some hope on the horizon. Wade and Williamson aren't exactly Moss and Carter, but I do like Jackson's prospects at QB. Not from a fantasy standpoint, but as an actual QB, I think he'll be alright.

Yea, we were really spoiled by the Moss-Carter tandem, and even the Carter-Reed and Carter-Carter combos before that. The hope is that Williamson's off-season vision correction helps reduce his drops and make him the deep threat this team needs. I'm not wildly optimistic, but if he can at least stretch the field a little bit with his speed it would be a vast improvement over what he has provided the last two seasons. The position looks bleak at this point, but Rice and Allison at least offer promise that it will steadily improve over the next few years.

i agree, i'm not that optimistic for this year... i think with some experience this year and a decent 08 offseason, the WRs can be ok for next season... this year will be interesting... we've been too spoiled with WRs in the past...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby BlueBandit24 » Mon May 28, 2007 6:20 pm

I think the key to the defense this year is the tandem of Udeze and James. They both need to stay healthy and be threats as pass rushers coming off the edge. Our pass D struggled last year and some of that has to rest on the D-Line not getting nearly enough pressure. Udeze's 0 sacks just aren't going to cut it and James needs to get through a full season as a consistent sackmaster off the edge. Edwards was a nice 3rd down rusher but doesn't strike me as an every down player, so hopefully Udeze and James pick up their play.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Tue May 29, 2007 1:31 am

I hope Rice can win the WR2 spot so we can move Wade to the slot where he can succeed. I think a healthy Erasmus James will do wonders for our pass defense, and (looking on the bright side) Udeze can't do much worse. I love the DBs we have in place, and I think ADP will be a stud by midseason. If Tarvaris can even scare defenses with the prospect of a deep ball, I think our offense will excel beyond what we had with Brad at the helm. This season is important for all our starters because the Vikings will be the 49ers of next year's free agency so all holes should be filled by the '08 season.

SKOL VIKES!!! ;-D
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Re: 2007 Starting Lineup

Postby mystykoekaki » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:43 pm

#1: Williamson
#2: Rice
#3: Wade

That's the way it should be.