Scott and Sharper excused from practice.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Minnesota Vikings

Scott and Sharper excused from practice..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Scott and Sharper excused from practice..

Postby mrblitz » Fri May 25, 2007 2:15 pm

Hall of FameNFL EuropaNFLatinoScouting CombineNFL Network GamesNFLPlayers.comYouth FootballExtra Points

Rule BookContestsNFL Sunday DriveNFL Sunday TicketPlayer DevelopmentWireless

NFL.COM Help SectionPrivacy PolicyTerms and ConditionsLeague EmploymentTeam Employment

Team News · Roster · Depth Chart · Stats · Schedule · Transactions · Coaching Staff · Official Site

Scott, Sharper excused from Vikings practice

NFL.com wire reports

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (May 24, 2007) -- Defensive end Darrion Scott and free safety Darren Sharper were excused from the Minnesota Vikings' optional "organized team activities".

Sharper left to do some television work as a color analyst for NFL Europa games and Scott was excused for "personal reasons," a team spokesman said.

Both players attended the first two days of the four-day OTA, unlike cornerback Antoine Winfield, who hasn't participated in any of the team's offseason programs. All of it has been optional to this point, but Winfield is the only healthy Viking to have missed all the OTAs this week.

Guard Steve Hutchinson missed the first two days of practice to attend a charity golf outing, but was in uniform Thursday. Running back Chester Taylor and linebacker Jason Glenn plan to miss Friday's workout because of personal reasons.

Reasons for Winfield's absence are unclear. Winfield and his agent, Richard Katz, have not returned calls seeking comment.

The situation will come to a head on June 1, when the Vikings open a mandatory minicamp. It is not known if Winfield plans to show up for the minicamp or training camp.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Fri May 25, 2007 4:39 pm

i had read some things about winfield wanting to play for a contender now as he is like 8 or 9 years in... but i thought he was ok after we draft ADP ... hmmm
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Return to Minnesota Vikings