Big, Big Hog Killed by Kid with Handgun - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Big, Big Hog Killed by Kid with Handgun

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby vitalogist » Thu May 31, 2007 7:51 pm

Image
vitalogist
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1194
Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: tacoma, wa

Postby knapplc » Thu May 31, 2007 10:28 pm

vitalogist wrote:looks like this WAS a hoax....


http://deadspin.com/sports/aunt-bee%2C- ... 264785.php


That's all speculation, according to that site. It may turn out to be a hoax, but that link and the article on it prove nothing... so far.
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby danleroi22 » Thu May 31, 2007 10:45 pm

I believe this is a hoax.

If you look at the first picture, it could have been taken close to the pig, with the boy standing about 20 feet back and putting his arm up to look like it's resting on the boar. His arm actually looks like it's a little behind in that first pic... it actually looks fake.

I don't think this is real... but heck... it could be.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4846
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: SO CLOSE to "da hall" (Cambridge, MA)

Postby dgan » Thu May 31, 2007 11:33 pm

Sounds like the events are real enough, but I have my doubts of this thing being truly "wild". Sounds like the state is suspicious that it is either a stunt or somehow this thing came off some farm somewhere.
Image
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 2941
Joined: 19 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The frozen tundra of Lambeau Field

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:24 am

No reason for me to believe its a hoax or not one, but it seems legit to me. :-?
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:19 am

vitalogist wrote:looks like this WAS a hoax....


http://deadspin.com/sports/aunt-bee%2C- ... 264785.php



Bologna...

If this photo WAS a hoax, I'm sure the good folks who are now being investigated for unfair hunting practices would have copped to it by now...

No one risks jail time for a fake photo...

This site you linked to seems a whole lot less than credible to me...
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10241
Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:23 am

dgan wrote:Sounds like the events are real enough, but I have my doubts of this thing being truly "wild". Sounds like the state is suspicious that it is either a stunt or somehow this thing came off some farm somewhere.


See, I agree with this...

Supposedly this hunting "farm" was 150-acres, fenced in... I don't think many creatures grow to that kind of enormous size with that small of an area to roam... And even if it did, you gotta think a 1,000 pound giant hog on a 150-acre farm would have been spotted regularly...

I think some rich daddy paid to have this thing trucked in so Billy Bob could shoot it 180 times with a handgun...

But, nothing I have seen suggests that the animal, itself, didn't exist...
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10241
Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby knapplc » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:47 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
stomperrob wrote:A 50 cal handgun seems like a lot of gun for a an 11 year old - and since it wasn't doing the job, why didn't dad step in and bring the animal down with his rifle instead of letting the animal continue to run around endlessly and suffer???


What part of "Alabama" did you not understand?

;-)


With all due respect to our friends in Alabama, I think this may have been the funniest thing I've read on the Cafe. It was completely unexpected and I can just see Plinds delivering this line in this dead-pan manner. It absolutely cracked me up. :-D
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby knapplc » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:48 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
dgan wrote:Sounds like the events are real enough, but I have my doubts of this thing being truly "wild". Sounds like the state is suspicious that it is either a stunt or somehow this thing came off some farm somewhere.


See, I agree with this...

Supposedly this hunting "farm" was 150-acres, fenced in... I don't think many creatures grow to that kind of enormous size with that small of an area to roam... And even if it did, you gotta think a 1,000 pound giant hog on a 150-acre farm would have been spotted regularly...

I think some rich daddy paid to have this thing trucked in so Billy Bob could shoot it 180 times with a handgun...

But, nothing I have seen suggests that the animal, itself, didn't exist...


Right. I'm pretty certain the creature is real, but the circumstances of its progeny and "wildness" are questionable.
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:03 am

knapplc wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
stomperrob wrote:A 50 cal handgun seems like a lot of gun for a an 11 year old - and since it wasn't doing the job, why didn't dad step in and bring the animal down with his rifle instead of letting the animal continue to run around endlessly and suffer???


What part of "Alabama" did you not understand?

;-)


With all due respect to our friends in Alabama, I think this may have been the funniest thing I've read on the Cafe. It was completely unexpected and I can just see Plinds delivering this line in this dead-pan manner. It absolutely cracked me up. :-D


Having just moved from Birmingham 6 months ago, I speak from personal experience...

And I can get away with it....

;-D
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10241
Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Richmond, VA

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 6:53 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact