There may be an endangered ferret... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

There may be an endangered ferret...

Moderator: Football Moderators

There may be an endangered ferret...

Postby Kilroy » Sat May 26, 2007 2:43 am

Living Under Our Shed. 8-o

My sister's been doing a lot of gardening recently, and this being Arizona in May she prefers to do so when it's not unbearably hot, so she was out at daybreak and caught sight of a (according to her) "very large varmint" trucking across the yard towards the holes near our shed. (Being from Ohio, I'd always assumed the holes were from a gopher/groundhog/whatever type of animal.)

She rushed upstairs and roused me from sleep (before it was wakey-wakey time mind you) babbling about this phantom creature, which she described as long, slender, darkly colored, with a black bushy tail. I mumbled and grumbled and roused myself from sleep, cracked my knuckles, and unleashed Google-Fu.

From her description (which she swears is accurate) the two most likely candidates were a weasel (OK) and a Black-Footed Ferret (I was always under the assumption that ferrets were weasels that lived in pet stores, but whatever). Turns out the Black-Footed FerWeasel was almost extinct, but due to conservation and re-introduction programs has been let loose again in half a dozen states or so (including AZ).

So after learning that she may be hosting an almost-extinct poor little Black-Footed FerWeasel my sister decided to contact the Arizona Department of Game and Fish for advice on what to do. (I had several ideas, similar to the method that I've implemented to deal with our Pigeon Problem (rocking it knapp-style...Pigeon, meet pellet gun), but they were "shot" down.)

:-B

Here's where things get fun.

The Arizona Department of Game and Fish is sending an "Investigator" to our home, smack dab in the middle of one of the 5 largest Metro Areas in the U.S., to search for an endangered Black-Footed FerWeasel that may or may not exist...

Under Our Shed.

:-b

I can't wait. I dunno what I wanna see worse...some egghead sticking his head in a hole and finding nothing, or said egghead sticking said head into said hole and being attacked by an endangered Black-Footed FerWeasel.

Never Mind. I know which one I wanna see. }:-) :-B :-b

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mrblitz » Sat May 26, 2007 8:40 am

That is pretty cool. I hope it really is the endangered species, that would be something really noteworthy to brag about.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Sat May 26, 2007 8:44 am

I've heard those investigators are kinda crazy:

How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat May 26, 2007 9:57 am

Just be careful that they don't declare your backyard some sort of sanctuary for said near-extinct animal and ban human activity. 8-o :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sat May 26, 2007 10:03 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:Just be careful that they don't declare your backyard some sort of sanctuary for said near-extinct animal and ban human activity. 8-o :-b

Yup no more backyard nudie sunbathing for Kilroy. O:-)
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sat May 26, 2007 12:03 pm

Metroid wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:Just be careful that they don't declare your backyard some sort of sanctuary for said near-extinct animal and ban human activity. 8-o :-b

And this is a bad thing?

8-o
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat May 26, 2007 5:13 pm

Gibbs Baby!!! wrote:
Metroid wrote:

And this is a bad thing?

8-o

For him.....

.... not for us.....

unless we are talking about Jimboozie. 8-o
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Sat May 26, 2007 5:18 pm

VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Sat May 26, 2007 7:20 pm

See if you can tame the little guy. Ferrets are a ton of work to take care of, by they're basically motorized slinkies with fur. They're one of the coolest and most enjoyable pets to own.

Of course if this thing's endangered, that's just wishful thinking.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby houstonherdfan » Sat May 26, 2007 8:57 pm

Man don't think he is kidding. If they find one there and deem that human activity will disturb the ecological balance for that ferrett, the might just do this. I am not kidding. This happened to a portion of a friend of mines parents farm back in the early 80's. I fotgot which bird it was but there was 5 acres of their land that they were not allowed to set foot on during certain times of the year.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Next

Return to General Talk