Typical day in the life of me... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Typical day in the life of me...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Typical day in the life of me...

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun May 27, 2007 7:28 am

I thought I'd give you all a peek at what I do in a day...namely Saturday - from the beginning!

Aside point of reference - I woke up at 6 PM on Friday night.

I worked from 12 AM until 8:30 AM on Saturday morning. Then I went to my parents' house and waited for my friend to pick me up so we could go do a race in Mercer. The 5K we were supposed to do was cancelled, so we did the 1 mile race instead. It was all downhill which was nice, but I just couldn't get my legs to make big enough strides. I still did it in 5:39 which was 14th out of 67, but I didn't beat any of the three guys in my age group (20-29). That happens a lot to me in races. I do fairly well for "normal" people, but put me with "running" people, and I'm junk. :-P

I went back to my parents' place. I had a few chicken strips and some breaded fish at noon. Then I had to change the porch lights to bug lights, then install a new shower head in the shower. No hitches there. I then drove back to New Castle (30 min. drive) and pretty much passed out at 3 PM (up for 21 straight hours...it's either that or waste the whole day sleeping). I woke up at 6 PM - three hours sleep. I started to watch the Pirates game at 7, and then I got ready to go to see a band at a local bar at 9 PM.

I got to the bar, saw a couple people I knew, and then I got abandoned. I was actually having a good old time by myself just singing to the music of the band. Then a good friend of mine told me to come sit with them because there was this girl who they wanted me to try to hit on. It was her birthday, and she was drinking a lot. I'm thinking...all right, maybe this could get somewhere. My friend proceeds to sit right next to her, leaving me to sit on the opposite side of the table on the other side of the girl's friend. I don't know how I was supposed to chat it up if I was so far away...

Of course, the girl gets sloshed and starts doing...things...to the guys around her - my friend (who is engaged and getting married BTW), another of my friends who is ALSO engaged, and an 18 year old kid who is one of the girl's best friends. Where's good old Mercer Boy in this "action?" Sitting by myself, listening to the band since there wasn't much I can do when I was essentially "c.b'ed" by my own friends who have significant others. :-/ It took one of my girl friends saying to her, "Hey, what about him" for me to even get looked at basically. I suppose I should have tried harder to get close, but things just happen that way. After I thought about it, I wish I had just stayed in the back jamming away with the band...I was having a blast right there. It doesn't help when I see a bunch of guys doing stuff to a single girl when they know I'm the only one who is single and would be trying to actually get to know the girl.

I get back from the bar at about 3 AM...hadn't eaten since noon, plus I'm a little sore from the whole bar business. I decide to make a pizza. Rising Crust Red Baron - sounds good to me! I preheated the oven, did a little surfing, came back, put the pizza in, set the microwave timer for 22 minutes...and then I promptly fell asleep on the couch. :-B

5 AM - I wake up to a weird smell. "Oh crap, oh crap, the pizza is still in the oven." Voila...blackened Cajun pizza. Unedible, completely burnt. I just had to laugh at my rotten luck. Friggin' work schedule and not getting enough sleep...here was all I had to show for the day:

There you go - this is my life! Never a dull moment... ;-7
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Sun May 27, 2007 8:53 am

at least your day makes a good story. :-b
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby mrblitz » Sun May 27, 2007 9:49 am

Ah, the good old single days, ups and downs for sure. I'll be married in June for 7 years. I don't know how I'd fair these days in the single world. I'm sure I still got it though. ;-)

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby WickedSmaat » Sun May 27, 2007 11:28 am

I don't see how that's unedible it didn't touch the ground or anything? ;-7
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby stomperrob » Sun May 27, 2007 12:06 pm

Yuck - pizza looks gross! Too bad about the chicks, oh well always another day. Maybe you were just too tired for the race after working all night - had you had anything to eat or drink before the race (not right before though) - as someone said to me once, you wouldn't race a jet or a car without putting fuel in it!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun May 27, 2007 12:10 pm

Nah, the mile was probably about as fast as I could go. It just felt like I could go faster if I could have just turned my legs over faster.

Didn't eat that morning, but I definitely had enough to drink - I drank an entire gallon of water at work before the race. I think I went to the bathroom about 10 times. :-o
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BGbootha » Sun May 27, 2007 12:13 pm

Comeon man you could have ate that!!!
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby Jimboozie » Sun May 27, 2007 7:20 pm

You shoulda took some pictures of your friends with that girl. If you ever need a favor, just remind them of the pictures. :-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Sun May 27, 2007 7:27 pm

You're a pimp MB. Never forget that. Only a pimp could look that suave with a burnt pizza in his hands. ;-D ;-D
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ripcord » Sun May 27, 2007 9:05 pm

Wow dude i also work midnights its a tough gig.
"To get the full affects of it you really have to be in my seat"
Ripcord
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to General Talk