What drafting mistakes did you make last year - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What drafting mistakes did you make last year

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Big Pimpin' » Wed May 30, 2007 8:04 am

You know, reading this makes me take advice from here with a grain of salt....... hehehe.
But then I remember my horrible pick last year. It is a 16 team league and I was runner up the year before so I had the 15th pick in a snake draft. There is a run on te's midway through the draft and I panic and take Marcedes Lewis as my starting TE. DOH!! Man, I just got so flustered!!
Big Pimpin'
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby yuhatn » Wed May 30, 2007 11:54 am

traded bulger and a 4th round to get mcnabb the day before he got injured. very nice!
yuhatn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby thelimey » Wed May 30, 2007 12:25 pm

Jimboozie wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:I was really high on Big Ben, so I traded for him and gave up a 2nd round IDP pick and my later 11th rounder that ended up being Drew Brees. (this one wasn't as bad b/c I had Bulger)

Thank you very much, you big Homer. :-D :-b

I'm in that league with Steelers, Verdun Barbarians, PopCynical and since they're all talking about it I have to tell my worst move of the season.

Wasn't a drafting mistake but I traded away Bush and Deuce for Shaun Alexander in a PPR dynasty, THE WEEK BEFORE HE GOT HURT!! I only missed the playoffs in two out of 11-12 leagues last year, and that was one of them. You're very welcome, Pop.

:-b !+) !+)

In the same league (yes, really) I managed to take Lamont Jordan in the 1st, Chris Chambers as my no 1 WR, Dayne as my 3rd RB (the joys of drafting in early May), Chris Brown as my 4th :~(

I managed to sneak into the playoffs thanks to Westbrook and my IDP's but it's put me in a bit of a hole this year. Interesting to see so many regrets from one league!
thelimey
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby treat24 » Wed May 30, 2007 12:35 pm

Mine isn't exactly a drafting mistake, my draft was ok... but it was AT last year's draft... in choosing my 3 keepers I kept LT, Alexander, and Gates...

I opted to keep Gates over SJax so I traded away SJax for cheap! 2nd dumbest move I've made in the last 5 years...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Dolfin99 » Wed May 30, 2007 12:52 pm

I had SA and McNabb on one team. :~(

My backups were weak, but I still finished 5th out of 12.
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bolkonsky » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:13 pm

I had Portis, Edge, S.Moss, McNabb and Stallworth in one league. Started 4-0 with most points in the league, finished 7-10. Doh.
Hello, China? I have something you may want. But it's gonna cost you. That's right. All the tea.
bolkonsky
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrewCrew6 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:35 pm

Not a mistake, but a close call was last year, when in a 6 consecutive pick run Rudi, Westbrook, Cadillac, Dominic Davis, Lamont Jordan and Edge went and I took Rudi and then Westbrook a few picks later.

That is NOT to gloat about my FF prowess, but to show how lucky I was to get out of that minefield with 2 good players.
BrewCrew6
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Hubarooski » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:24 am

For the second year in a row in one league I tried to wait as long as possible for a QB since I missed out on the top 2 tiers. By the time I got ready to take a QB and the draft got back around to me, some people already had their 2nd QB. I won't be doing this again.
Hubarooski
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby spodog » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:44 am

Mistake 1: Drafted Kevin Jones after swearing I wouldn't

Mistake 2: Having buyers remorse and packaging him into a trade for (gulp!) . . . Daunte Culpepper just before he went down.

:-o
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Marlo Stanfield » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:29 pm

Well was drafting Lamont Jordan a mistake? I mean you cant predict the future. I would have too him had I had a 9-12 pick.

SO my big bust last year was Delhome and Chris Chambers. Needless to say I didnt make the playoffs in that league.
Marlo Stanfield
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk