League FULL -CAFE Auction League, FCAL - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

League FULL -CAFE Auction League, FCAL

Moderator: Football Moderators

League FULL -CAFE Auction League, FCAL

Postby Plato » Sun May 27, 2007 5:09 pm

Famous Coaches Auction League

League FULL

Its a 14 team league with no Keepers, each year we'll start the rosters fresh. And we'll use a free Yahoo site to run the league in the regular season. With the Auction being all done here on the Cafe draft room. viewforum.php?f=262

Some of you may remember I ran a similiar league here last year called the Famous Coaches Cafe League. Anyway this new league is pretty much a repeat of those rules and format. Go the the league's draft room to read the rules in detail.

We got up to 14 owners and were all set to get rolling and along came the CAFE upgrade. After the Upgrade only 12 owners made it back for the start of the Auction, we picked up one new guy so we're just in need of 1 more to start the 24 hour bid clock. Its a great way to spend the month of June, but you should plan on almost daily checkin to keep up with the bid cycles.

If interested please PM as soon as possible. If we can get back to 14 quickly then the Auction will restart with the nominations that are already on the table (no players have been won yet, so any new guys will have a chance to get who they want).
Last edited by Plato on Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:43 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Plato
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plato » Sun May 27, 2007 8:39 pm

Got the draft room setup now, go to:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... .php?f=262

Also, as the league name suggests -try to pic a team name that incorporates your favorite Coach. And sorry guys the best name is already taken, my team is gonna be Landry's Cowboys
Plato
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Patchell » Sun May 27, 2007 10:02 pm

I would be interested if there is a spot open.
Patchell
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Plato » Mon May 28, 2007 6:19 am

Just starting up so the whole league is an open spot ;-)

You can now see the rules now posted in the draft room.

And if you've never done this style Auction that's fine, but you should plan on spending a minimum of 3-4 weeks checking in once a day to keep up. Its possible to do well by occassionally missing 2 or 3 days, but it really hurts an Auction league when owners miss more than a few days :-t
Last edited by Plato on Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plato
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby sportsstuffi8 » Mon May 28, 2007 7:16 am

Ia m very interested if it is a freebie league. I check in multiple times a day. PM me with details and what I need to do.
Justin Zwick for MVP (I am not joking)
My second choice is Troy Smith NO I AM NOT A HOMER
sportsstuffi8
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Plato » Mon May 28, 2007 9:49 pm

sportsstuffi8 wrote:Ia m very interested if it is a freebie league. I check in multiple times a day. PM me with details and what I need to do.

I'm gonna go ahead and declare this league a freebie, that will make it easier to recruit with that issue settled.

Anyone wanting to try their first Auction message board style, this is the one for YOU ;-D You don't have to worry over keepers, or cap years, or none of that complicated gobble-de-goup. Its like a Yahoo freebie only instead of a draft we have an auction. And because its run message board style over the course of a few weeks you get to think your bids over and really go after the players you think are best ;-)

All interested parties should go post a greeting in the "Prospective owners thread" http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... .php?f=262
Plato
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Plato » Thu May 31, 2007 6:42 am

I'm gonna send out direct invitations to folks over the weekend, but I wanted to bump this to the top for the view of forum regulars.

This is your chance to do a free auction starting in June -its a great way to spend the summer and give great practice at the auction format ;-D

Just go to: http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... .php?f=262
Plato
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Plato » Thu May 31, 2007 9:31 pm

BTW, the reason I'd like to get to 14 is because its the perfect size for a yahoo league with a 6 team playoff format. It leaves 13 weeks for the regular season with each team playing the entire league once. Then wks 14-16 for the playoffs ;-D
Last edited by Plato on Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plato
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Plato » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:25 pm

viewforum.php?f=262

Don't be shy -you KNOW you want to get your foot wet in the Auction format :-B :-) }:-)
Last edited by Plato on Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plato
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby hanny2042 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:11 pm

Hello. I would like to join the league. I just joined these boards, but have been very active in fantasy football for a long time. I didn't want to sign up on the "prospective owners" page until I knew for sure it was cool

Thanks,
hanny
hanny2042
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Classifieds