League FULL -CAFE Auction League, FCAL - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

League FULL -CAFE Auction League, FCAL

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plato » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:22 pm

hanny2042 wrote:Hello. I would like to join the league. I just joined these boards, but have been very active in fantasy football for a long time. I didn't want to sign up on the "prospective owners" page until I knew for sure it was cool

Thanks,
hanny

Its cool, we all started somewhere here on the CAFE. I've been surfing here for a few years, but I often just lurk as my post count shows. :-B

So go ahead and sign into the draft room -the owner's list is gonna get there soon I'm sure, then the Auction fur shall fly ;-D
Plato
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plato » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:03 am

Just need 3 more to get this Auction started...

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... .php?f=262

If you've never done an Auction this is the one for you -and after doing one -it will make all other forms of drafting seem obsolete. Unlike the typical Yahoo live draft where your draft position greatly determines who you get -an auction gives everyone an equal chance to acquire the players they want.

Also, let's face it guys the preseason draft is over 1/2 the fun of most any Fantasy Football League. By doing a message board style auction that lasts for weeks, it really maxes out the fun ;-D
Plato
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: CAFE League Need New Owners -FCAL

Postby Plato » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:19 pm

The proverbial worst case scenario played havoc with the start of the Famous Coaches Auction League here on the CAFE this week.

At the time the upgrade began we had 14 owners and thought we were ready to roll. Then the board goes down and at this point only 11 owners made it back for our Auction start.

So today I put the Auction on hold till we get back up to 14 participating owners. There are currently 11 players nominated with active bids, but no player has been won through our Auction at this point so any new guys will have a shot at those players.

We may wind up having to entirely restart -its depends on how fast I can get some replacements to join us. PM me if you want to jump in, go scan the rules viewforum.php?f=262 and let me know ;D

And if one of the missing 3 sees this -jump back in, trust me its been a rough week for all of us O:)
Plato
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: CAFE Auction League -Needs New Owners, FCAL

Postby Plato » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:22 pm

We've got it back up to 12 and waiting on another to sign into the draft (auction) room. So that would put us at 13 and looking for one more owner to get the Auction back on track.

PM quick if you wanta see what all this Auction stuff is all about ;D
Plato
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: Waiting for YOU -CAFE Auction League, FCAL

Postby Plato » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:59 am

League FULL -thanks ;D
Plato
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator