Man Vs. Wild - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Man Vs. Wild

Moderator: Football Moderators

Man Vs. Wild

Postby confused_jake » Sun May 27, 2007 11:40 pm

I just started watching this show on a video streaming site i know of and it is so insane. Its about this guy named Bear Grylls(the name alone makes him badass) who is ex-british special forces and gets dropped into these lift threatening situations and he has to survive. The two episodes i watched were about him being stranded on an island in the pacific, and being stranded in the rocky mountains. Just watching the show makes me wish i had joined boyscouts lol.

Sorry if there is already a topic about this, i haven't seen any recently.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun May 27, 2007 11:52 pm

Man vs. Wild rules. Eating fish like a bear does and using throwing sticks to get food = bad-a$$!!! ;-D ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby confused_jake » Mon May 28, 2007 12:24 am

Mercer Boy wrote:Man vs. Wild rules. Eating fish like a bear does and using throwing sticks to get food = bad-a$$!!! ;-D ;-D

Yeah it was crazy when he pulled the fish out of the pond and just took a bite out of it. he also jumped off a 70 ft cliff into water without knowing how deep the water is at the bottom.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon May 28, 2007 1:45 am

yeah i watch this show whenever i see its on. i think i saw the rockies one...isnt that the one where he makes a hole in the ice and uses sticks and line form his chute to ice fish, then just eats teh fish right out of the water? i always kind of wonder how he doesnt get sick. :-?

some of the memorable ones ive seen is him in some lava fields, in the jungles of africa, swamplands in geogia and what i believe was greenland or northern canada.

dude is insane.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon May 28, 2007 2:19 am

Good God, I freaking love that show. I dig Surviorman, but Bear is easily my fave. Bear takes so many more chances in the wild and it makes for really stunning television. I'll never forget when he was in the mountains and wanted to show the viewers what to do if a person fell through ice into freezing water. Bear just up and jumps in with all of his clothes on. He struggled for a few minutes to get out, strips all of his clothes off, builds a fire while freezing his tail off in the arctic, then "dries" himself off with chunks of ice. Freaking amazing!!! Bear's the man.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Mon May 28, 2007 7:13 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Good God, I freaking love that show. I dig Surviorman, but Bear is easily my fave. Bear takes so many more chances in the wild and it makes for really stunning television. I'll never forget when he was in the mountains and wanted to show the viewers what to do if a person fell through ice into freezing water. Bear just up and jumps in with all of his clothes on. He struggled for a few minutes to get out, strips all of his clothes off, builds a fire while freezing his tail off in the arctic, then "dries" himself off with chunks of ice. Freaking amazing!!! Bear's the man.

i don't know if it's on the dvd's but i read an article on him in either men's health or muscle and fitness or one of those mags that said how the thing you just discussed (bear jumping in the ice water) is what he sent discovery channel in hopes that he could make a show to inform people on wilderness survival... it turned into man vs wild...

my wife and i refuse to miss an episode! ;-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby ShoelessJoe » Mon May 28, 2007 8:07 am

Bear is the man. But if you're gonna watch anything on the Discovery Channel... make it Planet Earth.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon May 28, 2007 8:21 am

ShoelessJoe wrote:Bear is the man. But if you're gonna watch anything on the Discovery Channel... make it Planet Earth.

That's a good program also...especially having Discovery HD. Some of that stuff is incredible to see. 8-o

June 15 = new episodes of Man vs. Wild. Can't wait to see what else he has in store for us. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Mon May 28, 2007 9:18 am

Planet Earth is mind altering. In a good way. I'll have to check out Man vs Wild.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby TDxpressh » Mon May 28, 2007 9:46 am

I personally like the show"deadliest catch", I used to work on the processor the Stellar Sea, some of these boats used to come and off load to us, makes me wish i was back up there, except it was always busy during the super bowl and playoffs and there is no way i go now as i play fantasy football. but i still live through the show. lol
Never say Die!
TDxpressh
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Writer

Next

Return to General Talk