Man Vs. Wild - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Man Vs. Wild

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TDxpressh » Mon May 28, 2007 9:48 am

I guess not as i remember the Stellar sea engine room caught on fire last show and they had to be towed to port. Good thing i didnt go this year lol.
Never say Die!
TDxpressh
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon May 28, 2007 10:20 am

Man Vs. Wild is one of my favorite shows right now. Top shelf. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Re: Man Vs. Wild

Postby PapaPark » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:24 am

I love this show.

In a way he reminds me of a Steve Irwin. Very knowledgeable and very passionate about what he does and I love watching that.
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby treat24 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:28 am

Bear is my wife's other boyfriend apparently... she loves that dude.. great show...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:18 pm

Agreed its an awesome show! Some of the things he does just to show you what you should do were you in his situation is just jaw dropping. ;-D ;-D

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:26 pm

TN_Titans_05 wrote:Agreed its an awesome show! Some of the things he does just to show you what you should do were you in his situation is just jaw dropping. ;-D ;-D

Like drinking his own piss. :-P
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:13 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
TN_Titans_05 wrote:Agreed its an awesome show! Some of the things he does just to show you what you should do were you in his situation is just jaw dropping. ;-D ;-D

Like drinking his own piss. :-P

Or drinking the water he squeezes out of fresh elephant crap....or peeing on his shirt in the desert to keep his head cool and so on. :-D

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:50 am

I like this show a lot. That said, There is a lot of editing of the show that can be quite misleading. In the iceland episode where he runs through the icy glacial river and has to make it to the hot springs or he'll die of hypothermia... He has to build up a dam to stop up the hot water and when he goes to do it he just throws 2 rocks onto an already built dam. That was very lame. Also, he takes far too many risks on the show for it to be considered "survival training". If you find yourself in Bear's position definitely do not try to climb down a waterfall. You will fall to your death. Of course that is what makes the show entertaining.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Re:

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:28 pm

confused_jake wrote:he also jumped off a 70 ft cliff into water without knowing how deep the water is at the bottom.

He definitely knew how deep that water was. The locations that they use are meticulously scouted, they don't actually just drop into the middle of nowhere without knowing exactly where they are at and what is around them. The show is set up and scripted, but still good. It always cracks me up when he starts telling stories about lost hikers and stuff: "two years ago, in this very forest, a father and son went missing..."

They definitely do a good job in editing making it seem more dramatic then it actually is, and it always cracks me up when they miss something and show that they're not really that far away from civilization. I think it was in the Sierra Nevada episode, he was supposed to be miles away from anything, and right behind him in the shot was a round of wood cut by a chainsaw, probably from a CCC crew clearing hiking trails there or something.

Still, it's a very entertaining show, he does some amazing maneuvers and eats some crazy stuff.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:46 pm

How difficult can any of the stuff be when the cameraman is doing it right along beside him? The other night while he was trekking through the Australian Outback he said something to the effect of "c'mon, guys." Plural. Guys. He wasn't referring to the audience, it was the crew with him. So there are at least two other people out there with him, doing what he does to an extent. So it's not a survival situation, like that other show with the guy who carries his own camera equipment.

Don't get me wrong - it's still an entertaining show. I like it quite a bit, but I just wish they'd stop pretending that he could die out there. A few different collapses in his support network would have to happen before he got into real trouble.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk