Man Vs. Wild - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Man Vs. Wild

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Man Vs. Wild

Postby Metroid » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:57 am

I would agree with that last statement knapp at least the part about with the danger scale, yes of course hes in much less danger than a person would be if they were actually stranded but hes still in real danger, we can agree on that.. ;-D

As to he and his "crew" setting up scenes by scaring off whatever wild animals are around? I suppose that makes sense and might be the case sometimes but I'm not sure if that does/can happen the entire show. I mean the show with him in the Pacific with tiger sharks bumping the bottom of his bamboo raft was crazy. I don't know how you let them get that close and expect to be able to save Bear should that raft flip. And really how many times did we watch the Crocodile Hunter dive into the swamp to wrestle with a Crock? Some people are just nutz, I really think these guys do this stuff for the same reason people jump out of airplanes or bungie jump, for the thrill. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:06 am

Metroid wrote:I would agree with that last statement knapp at least the part about with the danger scale, yes of course hes in much less danger than a person would be if they were actually stranded but hes still in real danger, we can agree on that.. ;-D

As to he and his "crew" setting up scenes by scaring off whatever wild animals are around? I suppose that makes sense and might be the case sometimes but I'm not sure if that does/can happen the entire show. I mean the show with him in the Pacific with tiger sharks bumping the bottom of his bamboo raft was crazy. I don't know how you let them get that close and expect to be able to save Bear should that raft flip. And really how many times did we watch the Crocodile Hunter dive into the swamp to wrestle with a Crock? Some people are just nutz, I really think these guys do this stuff for the same reason people jump out of airplanes or bungie jump, for the thrill. :-?

I haven't seen that one, and I'll freely admit I'm just speculating here. I'll have to watch a couple more episodes I guess. He's an engaging guy, and the one episode I've seen I liked well enough.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:29 am

knapplc wrote:
Metroid wrote:I would agree with that last statement knapp at least the part about with the danger scale, yes of course hes in much less danger than a person would be if they were actually stranded but hes still in real danger, we can agree on that.. ;-D

I haven't seen that one, and I'll freely admit I'm just speculating here. I'll have to watch a couple more episodes I guess. He's an engaging guy, and the one episode I've seen I liked well enough.

Oh I know you're just speculating and it makes sense especially when you throw in the insurance company part of it, I never really thought about that. ;-D

That episode with the sharks is really cool, he gets "stranded" on a small island in the Pacific and does all the typical castaway type stuff, making fire, climbing trees for coconuts, making shelter, trying to spear fish etc. Then he decides to build a raft to get off the island complete with a palm leaves sail thats when he encounters the Tiger Sharks. The coolest part of that episode is when he gets this poison oil from some plant and puts it in a tide pool to kill some small fish to eat, the poison doesn't affect humans. B-)

Heres a clip from that episode with the sharks.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hi5vr07Tgvc
You know there could be boats around with guys with machine guns and I still wouldn't want to be on that raft. :-o
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:27 pm

Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby PMoneyTKE » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:07 pm

Last summer, after a stretch of Grylls being a media star, it was revealed that some of the stuff seen on his series wasn't exactly as it was presented. Grylls, it turned out, had gotten off-camera help at times and slept indoors at times when it was portrayed he was in the wild.

Exactly why Survivorman is a much better show IMO. Most people couldn't do the things he does at all, let alone filming it all themselves and having to do lots of things twice to go back and get the camera. O:-)
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mikus » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:47 pm

Blah. I dislike Surviorman. Bear Grylls is better on camera. The new season starts tomorrow, I already have the DVR set up and ready to go!!! ;-D
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:50 pm

I am shocked. ;-7
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:46 pm

Called it.

Since that post I have caught a few episodes. I'm not surprised that he's not roughing it to the extent that the show alleged, but despite that it's still entertaining and I'll keep watching. ;-D

What's the other show? Survivorman? Don't care for it, honestly. I don't want to watch a show where the guy could actually die. How entertaining is that?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk