Will Jon Kitna be a QB1? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Jon Kitna be a QB1?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Will Jon Kitna be a QB1?

Postby PapaPark » Mon May 28, 2007 10:54 am

This is in terms of fantasy value

What round would you pick him up if he was there?

I have my opinions on him but I'll hold off to see what other Cafe'ers think. ;-D
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Mon May 28, 2007 11:00 am

With the apparent improvements to Air Martz Kitna's value takes a bump upward. I would look at him at the bottom of the second teir of QBs. He is a high risk, though, because we are talking about hoping a Martz QB lives throughout a whole season again. A rare feat. A hoping that he will put up career numbers at this point in his career is a little optimistic. He is what he is: at turnover prone mediocre QB in a potentially high powered offense.

I wouldn't draft him before I had locked down RBs and WRs. Maybe 6-7th round.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby dream_017 » Mon May 28, 2007 11:49 am

He is and will be a very solid QB. If your league gives negitives for INTs he may drop a bit but he will still be a top QB unless he becomes injured. I don't draft QBs early but I don't see him making it past the 7th round
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby mrblitz » Mon May 28, 2007 11:52 am

I've been targeting him in rounds 7 or 8 depending. I really like his upside this year. I'll deal with negatives for int's.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Teck » Mon May 28, 2007 12:13 pm

Im agreeing with everyone else here. I think that he's undervalued and is kinda in the same situation as Warner was in Arizona when he was healthy. 2 great up and coming receivers and another good one. He'll surprise you and he'll make a good QB1 im sure, but get a decent backup just in case.
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby aaawall91 » Mon May 28, 2007 12:15 pm

Teck wrote:Im agreeing with everyone else here. I think that he's undervalued and is kinda in the same situation as Warner was in Arizona when he was healthy. 2 great up and coming receivers and another good one. He'll surprise you and he'll make a good QB1 im sure, but get a decent backup just in case.

Except Warner became a REAL back-up ;-) . I don't think Kitna will follow that same trend...this year.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby BlueBandit24 » Mon May 28, 2007 1:17 pm

I like him as a middle to low tier QB1 who could possibly move into the Top 5 QB's by the end of the year. He quietly put up solid fantasy numbers last year, and in my league which doesn't subtract points for turnovers he finished 8th among QB's. With more weapons this year I would feel comfortable with him as my #1 QB.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Yellowbird » Mon May 28, 2007 5:27 pm

aaawall91 wrote:
Teck wrote:Im agreeing with everyone else here. I think that he's undervalued and is kinda in the same situation as Warner was in Arizona when he was healthy. 2 great up and coming receivers and another good one. He'll surprise you and he'll make a good QB1 im sure, but get a decent backup just in case.

Except Warner became a REAL back-up ;-) . I don't think Kitna will follow that same trend...this year.

He won't. Arizona had the heir apparent sitting behind him. Detroit does not. He'll turn back-up next year after they draft their QB of the future....who they think that is I have no idea...

Thanks to madaslives911 for the Sig.
Yellowbird
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Mon May 28, 2007 6:26 pm

Yellowbird wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:

He won't. Arizona had the heir apparent sitting behind him. Detroit does not. He'll turn back-up next year after they draft their QB of the future....who they think that is I have no idea...

Umm... that would be Drew Stanton, sir.
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby LukeW9027 » Mon May 28, 2007 6:33 pm

I think he could be a real nice option this year as a low end starter/platoon type guy, but if he can mesh with Calvin and Roy this year and there is some type of a running game, he very weel could bve a top 6-7 guy.

The Future is here
LukeW9027
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: "In Greek Mythology,The Titans were even greater than the gods" Coach Boone

Next

Return to Football Talk