Colts still going with 2-back system? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Colts still going with 2-back system?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Colts still going with 2-back system?

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon May 28, 2007 10:55 am

Apparently they like DeDe Dorsey...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Headli ... L&hl=92963

The Colts are confident DeDe Dorsey can emerge as the second cog in their two-back rotation with Joseph Addai.

"We sure think he can," coach Tony Dungy said. "We never got to see him run live in a game, but what he did in practice really gives you every indication he can be." GM Bill Polian also had glowing remarks to say about Dorsey

I know it's a bit early and this may not mean anything come the season, but this may make Dorsey a late round consideration in some leagues.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PapaPark » Mon May 28, 2007 10:56 am

Well last year they proved they didn't mind throwing a rook in the mix. This doesn't suprise me at all.
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon May 28, 2007 1:36 pm

I've been keeping up on Dede Dorsey all offseason and it's true, they really dig the guy. Everyone in camp is asking questions about him, saying how fast he is on his feet. Of course, he has no regular season experience, but that's something that's never bothered the Colts brass before. After all, the Colts haven't brought in a veteran running back since Eric Dickerson joined the team in 1987. That's not a typo. Literally, the Colts farm their RB's from the inside, so Dede's presence as the only backup to Addai shouldn't be shocking. I wouldn't expect Dorsey to take on the type of role Rhodes had last season, but I would expect him to put up the same type of touches James Mungro had in 2002 (100 touches).
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BlueBandit24 » Mon May 28, 2007 1:51 pm

DeDe would be an intriguing option should anything happen to Addai. Rhodes certainly isn't the world's most talented back but he put up solid fantasy numbers when he was given enough touches within the offense. If Dorsey is a good pass catcher, he has a chance to fit in well in the Colts offense. I know as an Addai keeper owner I'll probably be targeting Dorsey late in the draft as insurance.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby smackthefirst » Mon May 28, 2007 1:57 pm

I kinda wish this wasn't breaking news just yet. I've targeted DeDe late in every draft so far and will continue to do so as long as he doesn't all of the sudden start climbing up draft boards. He's not very big, but he has some serious wheels. And from what I've read, he has good enough hands as well.

My thoughts thus far have been that Addai is still a young back and will need a breather here and there. Combine that with the Colts lack of interest in signing a RB (Dillon still out there though) makes me think the Colts have faith in DeDe. And don't forget this is the team that let MFaulk go for Edge and then let Edge go and got Addai. So they seem to have a good track record at evaluating RB talent.

Of course I'm not putting Addai with Edge or heaven forbid MFaulk and of course I'm not putting DeDe anywhere near them, but as a last round pick, he could have some nice value. And, not that I wish injuries on any player, but if Addai goes down; I just like to think a lot of RB's could put up respectable numbers in that offense.
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby BlueBandit24 » Mon May 28, 2007 2:09 pm

smackthefirst-

I'm in agreement with everything you said. I believe it was The Lung who first broke news of DeDe Dorsey on this board as he was currently 2nd on the depth chart behind Addai and gaining fantasy relevance. At that point I honestly had no idea who he was but had started to take note due to the fact that I had Addai in a keeper as stated above. Now that Dorsey is gaining some pub, I am praying he doesn't become a guy that a lot of people take a late round flier on.

In that offense, I'm sure a lot of people could put up respectable numbers, and while Addai is the best fit by far I'm pretty positive that there are a lot of backs who can do some pretty good things in that offense.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Mon May 28, 2007 2:29 pm

I think the safest thing to do, is to handcuff Dorsey along with Addai. I don't know enough about the kid to think differently.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby The Lung » Mon May 28, 2007 4:00 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Of course, he has no regular season experience, but that's something that's never bothered the Colts brass before. After all, the Colts haven't brought in a veteran running back since Eric Dickerson joined the team in 1987. That's not a typo.

That is actually quite an amazing statistic!

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I wouldn't expect Dorsey to take on the type of role Rhodes had last season, but I would expect him to put up the same type of touches James Mungro had in 2002 (100 touches).

Speaking of Mungro, what's his status? Is he still even on the Colts roster?
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Yellowbird » Mon May 28, 2007 5:25 pm

Mungro was released after the 2006 season and didn't land anywhere (or at least didn't generate stats anywhere he landed) in 2007. I don't know if he's since retired or if he's looking for another team, but he currently is unemployed in the NFL.

Thanks to madaslives911 for the Sig.
Yellowbird
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby aaawall91 » Mon May 28, 2007 5:29 pm

aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Next

Return to Football Talk