Lions have to earn their lions??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lions have to earn their lions???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BlueBandit24 » Wed May 30, 2007 9:54 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:Yes, DDD, it has been done before and I don't think its stupid. It's just another motivator to use with people. If there is somebody that you like, but don't think they are giving out full effort, give a guy or two in front of him a decal and make him sweat about his position on the team and work harder. Motivation is a good thing. ;-D

What do you do if you're on the Browns though? ;-)
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Wed May 30, 2007 9:55 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:Yes, DDD, it has been done before and I don't think its stupid. It's just another motivator to use with people. If there is somebody that you like, but don't think they are giving out full effort, give a guy or two in front of him a decal and make him sweat about his position on the team and work harder. Motivation is a good thing. ;-D

Except for the fact that that motivation will be removed just in time for the season... :-?
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed May 30, 2007 10:06 am

LoveBoatCaptain wrote:

Except for the fact that that motivation will be removed just in time for the season... :-?

So find a new motivator. There is nothing wrong with motivating people in the offseason. A good coach will find a way to motivate them in the regular season as well.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BGbootha » Wed May 30, 2007 10:15 am

BlueBandit24 wrote:

LOL, yeah that was my first thought as well, and if you are on the steelers, you can only be half cool anyway.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby Kensat30 » Wed May 30, 2007 1:00 pm

C'mon Detroit has to try SOMETHING new. Give the guy at break. Nice motivation tool if used properly. Morale can be huge in any type of competition. If you go out there expecting to lose, you will. If you go out there not feeling confident in yourself, you will fail.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby moochman » Wed May 30, 2007 1:04 pm

What a joke. What's next, the best player gets to go out with the home-coming queen?
How about designing a game plan that includes stopping the opponant once in a while. That would fire me up a helluva lot more that a silly decal.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed May 30, 2007 2:35 pm

Maybe the players just didn't want to wear the Lion until they absolutely have too.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Goatwhacker » Wed May 30, 2007 7:11 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:

You have to earn the facemask. Weeds out the wimpy guys.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mrblitz » Wed May 30, 2007 7:54 pm

I think from Marinelli's stand point this is actually a good idea. The Lions have been losing alot of games over the years, so anything to try to change it is Welcome.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby PapaPark » Wed May 30, 2007 8:12 pm

If you are a professional athlete and you need a lion sticker to motivate you then something is very wrong (Obvisiouly they are the Lions)

This is something pee-wee football would do.

I would be shamed to have even made this public.
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk