Lions have to earn their lions??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lions have to earn their lions???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu May 31, 2007 12:46 pm

PapaPark wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:
PapaPark wrote:If you are a professional athlete and you need a lion sticker to motivate you then something is very wrong (Obvisiouly they are the Lions)

This is something pee-wee football would do.

I would be shamed to have even made this public.

Alot of coaches use it and it's very public. Why would the Lions be any different...alot of very good coaches.

Let's see those public reports?

I can't see Peyton working for his "colt" or Tomlinson working for his "bolt"

The point is - I could see this at the college level.. but the pro-level.. not something that is this elementary.

Parcells did it.

I believe Mangini did it last year. (someone mentioned it earlier in the thread).

So lets see, one of the greatest coaches of all time did it. And the coach with probably the biggest surprise team last year did it? I don't think it's such a bad idea to try something new. Lets everyone know they have to EARN a spot on this team. There are no free passes.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:15 pm

Different coaches have different philosophies and different ways of getting the best out of their players. Two coaches can use vastly different approaches and both be successful.
When Chuck Noll was building his Steelers dynasty, he told the players he would show them how he wanted things done - he said if had to motivate them, they would be kicked off the team as they had better be motivated already! When he first took over the team, he didn't give any rah-rah speech to build them up for the following season - he told them they were terrible and most of them didn't deserve to be there and would be gone before next season.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby maddog60 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:29 pm

Personally, I think they should implement a different approach. You earn a lion, a real lion, for doing poorly, so poorly they feel you hinder the team. The way you receive this lion is by it greeting you as you open the door to your house. That'd motivate them not to suck, or end in a forfeit due to lack of players.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk