Super Sleeper -Chris Brown? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Super Sleeper -Chris Brown?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Super Sleeper -Chris Brown?

Postby princevincexoxo » Wed May 30, 2007 2:52 pm

You know once a young talent like this drops off the earth a lot of people just give up on them...however i have yet to do so...I have him stashed as a 4th and 6th RB on 2 of my better teams cause i believe he is youg enough to still go somewhere and be a stud....what do you all think? Have any of you read anything about his status?
princevincexoxo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mrblitz » Wed May 30, 2007 2:55 pm

I think in Chris's case it really depends what team he goes to. Even then, I don't think he holds too much value. I think his turf toe is going to continue to give him problems .

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby TDxpressh » Wed May 30, 2007 4:04 pm

his health is the prob here so if he overcomes this with youth as you say, well then yes he is a good gamble as his production with the right team, say like green bay or houston then yes i see potential, but that is all speculation, and good luck with your stash, i prefer to wait n see here, but believe me i fast on the wire, so i rarely see a wasted chance at nabbing someone once they become a factor, i only play re drafts anyways.......
Never say Die!
TDxpressh
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Writer

Postby maddog60 » Wed May 30, 2007 4:23 pm

Until he lands somewhere he's got no value. If he comes back to TEN or goes to GB, or HOU he's worth taking a late flier on, but he's a pretty dismal bet due to having a body that seems made of glass.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby treat24 » Wed May 30, 2007 4:32 pm

I won't even look for him on waivers unless he signs somewhere... He would be a great back up...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: Super Sleeper -Chris Brown?

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:38 pm

Wednesday, 06/06/07

Running back hopes Titans still in future
Deal for Brown sees some progress

By JIM WYATT
Staff Writer

During the course of his NFL career, running back Chris Brown has dealt with plenty of highs and lows.

In 2004, he had six 100-yard games with the Titans and recorded his first 1,000-yard season. Brown started 25 of 26 games for the Titans in '04 and '05. But last year he dropped to third on the team's depth chart and played in just five games.

In some ways, Brown feels like he also dropped off the face of the earth. It's June, and he remains a man without a team for this fall.

"I think people have forgotten about me after what happened last year,'' Brown said. "In my mind, I have a lot to prove to a lot of people. Everything that's happened, it's just fuel to my fire.

"A lot of people don't think I can still do it. But I still have it in my eyes. I can still play at a high level in this league, and wherever I land, I'll show up with a big chip on my shoulder.''

Brown, a third-round pick by the Titans in the 2003 draft, has spent most of his offseason working out in Chicago, although he still has a home in Nashville. He said he's in the best shape of his career and hopes to land on his feet by the time minicamps begin later this month.

Because of the uncertainty with running backs LenDale White and rookie Chris Henry, there are indications Brown could eventually re-sign with the Titans, something he said he'd be excited about. Titans General Manager Mike Reinfeldt said on Tuesday the two sides must first clear a hurdle in negotiations.

"We would still like him back, and I think deep down he would still like to be back here,'' Reinfeldt said. "It is probably fair to say we both think this would be a good match, but the compensation is still the issue.''

Ready to go

Heading into training camp last year, Brown's agents asked the Titans to trade their client to another team. The Titans already had Travis Henry and drafted LenDale White in the second round.

The move didn't go over well with the team, and by season's end, Brown found himself behind Henry and White on the depth chart. He didn't play at all in nine of the team's last 10 games.

The Titans lost Travis Henry to Denver in free agency earlier this offseason, but when the team drafted Chris Henry in the second round of the '07 draft, Brown figured his chances of returning to the Titans weren't good. White's inability to practice this offseason because of a hamstring injury, however, have raised more questions about him, and Chris Henry still has a lot to learn.

It's left the door open for Brown in Tennessee, although agent Wynn Silberman said teams like the Bears, Colts, Patriots and Packers also remain as possible landing spots. Brown met face-to-face with Titans Coach Jeff Fisher last month.

"Whatever happens, happens,'' Brown said. "I would love to come back to Tennessee. I don't hold any grudges against them at all, I just want to play ball.

"I've had to remain patient through this process. It was frustrating at first, but now I realize it is something I don't have a lot of control over. I just have to prepare for the season and be ready to play when something does happen.''

Reinfeldt talked with Silberman again earlier this week.

"We have two talented young players, but if you can get an experienced guy like Chris to be in the mix, it would be a good thing for us. Plus their styles are a little bit different,'' Reinfeldt said. "We'll see what happens.''

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby treat24 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:41 pm

yeah i saw that... and he can compete there, but honetstly... I'm not buying him until he shows me something...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:47 pm

Honestly, I hope he ends up some where, but its doubtful that he ends up being anything of any impact NFL or Fantasy wise if he doesn't get in a position this coming season were he has a chance to prove his worth and stay healthy (and that could something as little as being 3rd on the depth chart in the right offense).
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby smackthefirst » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:54 pm

Depending on where he ends up, he may be worth something. Sadly I'm not holding my breath at this point. Too many minor injuries have cause me, like most GM's, to lose faith.
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Return to Football Talk