Do you like to pair your QB with his WR or RB? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Do you like to pair your QB with his WR or RB?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Do you like to pair your QB with his WR or RB

Yes
37%
No
63%

Total votes : 49

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed May 30, 2007 6:13 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:One of my main strategies is to pair the QB and RB from a high powered offense together... Preferably a back that catches lots of passes...

I destroyed many a league with the Manning/Edge combo, and these days I am making a killing with the Bulger/Jackson combo...

With offenses like that it's rare that both the QB and the RB have a bad day... If one has a bad day the other usually bails you out... And, quite frequently, if you pick the right combo, they will both have awesome days...

The trick is picking the offense... Palmer and Rudi is a decent combo, but not as good as the others because Rudi doesn't catch a lot of passes....

Once Deuce is gone the Brees/Bush combo will be worth its weight in fantasy gold...

Great post. In a recent cafe mock draft I landed Steven Jackson and Bulger and I really like the thought, but at the same time I didn't know if it was too risky. If it comes down to a tie between two WR's or QB's and I have their pair, I will usually tend to lean away from that because that WR isn't getting any stats if the QB isn't getting any. With a RB I see it as more of an insurance thing than anything. :-? ;-D

There is nothing better than watching a team march down the field for a score and knowing that you got a piece of each and every one of those plays... I love it...
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PapaPark » Wed May 30, 2007 6:18 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:There is nothing better than watching a team march down the field for a score and knowing that you got a piece of each and every one of those plays... I love it...

No doubt!!!

This is why I only like to pair a QB with a RB because I know either way I'm going to get some points.

I try and stay away from the QB/WR combo
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby slowride » Wed May 30, 2007 6:32 pm

I don't mind pairing; I just try to get the best players I can get. Outside of the top premiere pairs in the league though i'd prefer diversification.
Slowride is burning.
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed May 30, 2007 8:03 pm

I usually don't pay attention, but taking a QB/WR combo is putting too many eggs in one basket. If the QB has a bad day, chances are the WR had a bad day, although not necessarily vice versa.

QB/RB is something that's good, although I don't specifically try to do it usually, because of the reasons stated in Plindsey's post. ;-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: Do you like to pair your QB with his WR or RB?

Postby Tsizzle » Wed May 30, 2007 8:07 pm

PapaPark wrote:For an example:

Peyton Manning and Addai

or

Peyton Manning and Harrison

Please explain answer.

Bad example because both players are potential 1st round picks.... Both players are really good and it doesnt matter if they are paired because they are studs//
[img]RIPsean[/img]
Tsizzle
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PapaPark » Wed May 30, 2007 8:09 pm

Tsizzle wrote:

Peyton Manning and Addai

or

Please explain answer.

Bad example because both players are potential 1st round picks.... Both players are really good and it doesnt matter if they are paired because they are studs//

But you got the point

No?
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Goatwhacker » Wed May 30, 2007 8:33 pm

Peyton Manning and Addai

or

Please explain answer.

I draft the best value available in a position of need, within rough guidelines. Whether they're on the same team is a very small factor.

As far as starting players week to week, I pick the players I think will get the most points, regardless of the team.

These kind of questions come up many times throughout the year, and 99% of the time the answer is to draft and start your best players, and not worry so much about the teammate aspect.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby terpfan » Wed May 30, 2007 9:12 pm

QB/WR I am indifferent to.

QB/RB I will avoid if possible, but not if its obviously the best pick.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu May 31, 2007 12:58 am

Funny who some are saying take WR/QB but not RB/QB and others say the opposite.

I see taking the QB/RB as the better match up as others have stated you will get a piece of pretty much everything. And usually either or will have a good day at least. QB/WR is tough because they depend on each other for stats. A bad day by the QB kills both players.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dgan » Thu May 31, 2007 1:33 am

I'm surprised people have time to contemplate it. I spend so much time between my picks tracking trends and position needs for other teams that I could easily draft the entire Cincinatti offense before I even realized I had done it. After I pick someone, for the most part I entirely forget who I picked.

If you pick the best player, you can always trade him to get away from bye week troubles and such. I don't worry at all about this kind of stuff.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk