Do you like to pair your QB with his WR or RB? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Do you like to pair your QB with his WR or RB?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Do you like to pair your QB with his WR or RB

Yes
37%
No
63%

Total votes : 49

Postby houstonherdfan » Thu May 31, 2007 9:29 pm

Well I didn't vote cause it is yes and no.
I don't draft looking to do this but in certain case I would if it were available to me and was my best option the way that particular draft is running

Combos like Manning/Harrison would be a yes

Carr and AJ would be a no.

Unless it is a prolific combo btwn QB and WR I will most of the time shy away from it.

I really have no concern with QB/RB as long as the team uses a balanced offense. RB will get his yards and the QB will get his.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu May 31, 2007 9:56 pm

I don't like it, but if I see a player at great value given what pick I have, I won't go out of my way and pick a worse player just to avoid it.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:11 am

The best offenses in the league are going to score somewhere around 50 TD's a year...

If you pair the QB and RB from those offenses, and you avoid RBBC situations and goal line vultures, you are basically locking up a piece of 50 TD's with (2) positions...

That's just plain awesome, no matter how you slice it...

If your team is winning big the RB will get garbage points in the fourth quarter... If they're losing big your QB will get garbage points in the fourth quarter...

It avoids a situation where one guy or the other sees a drop off in production because the team is vastly ahead or vastly behind...

How many times has the Carson Palmer owner seen the Bengals get up by 20 points, and Carson's day goes to hell while Rudi explodes?

Conversely, how many times has the Rudi owner seen the Bengals get down by 20, and all of a sudden the running game is non-existent?

If you pair the two, then you're golden in either situation...

Points on every offensive play.... You just gotta love that...

;-D
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby northcuttfan » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:36 am

exaclty my point! good job.. and rarely is there bad games from the likes of mannings and palmers and bulgers..so a rb with that is great insurance for yards and td's
northcuttfan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Crippler » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:17 am

This just makes your team more streaky. If you like your chances of winning the league, maybe you shouldnt do it. But if you think you'll need a little luck it may be a good idea to get a few guys on the same team.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 17)

Postby BigBadBrawler » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:05 am

houstonherdfan wrote:Well I didn't vote cause it is yes and no.
I don't draft looking to do this but in certain case I would if it were available to me and was my best option the way that particular draft is running

Unless it is a prolific combo btwn QB and WR I will most of the time shy away from it.

I really have no concern with QB/RB as long as the team uses a balanced offense. RB will get his yards and the QB will get his.

I actually think it would be cool to see the CAR back-up QB throwing passes to the HOU WR1... definately would put a different spin on this combo thing... :-b
BigBadBrawler
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: The largest Media Market in the country without an NFL Franchise

Postby ironcityboy88 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:09 pm

BigBadBrawler wrote:
houstonherdfan wrote:Well I didn't vote cause it is yes and no.

I actually think it would be cool to see the CAR back-up QB throwing passes to the HOU WR1... definately would put a different spin on this combo thing... :-b

Yep, I actually think if Carr throws TD's to AJ this year, the owner should get double the points.

Seriously, I don't go out looking to get a combo, but I did have the Bulger/Holt combo two years ago and I scored mad points. I've never had the QB/RB combo, but I definitely try to stay away from the RB/WR combo. That is way too streaky in my estimation. But that's just my .02.
ironcityboy88
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby DraftDodger » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:36 pm

I think I'd factor in strength of schedule. A team like the Rams with top-end fantasy players and a weak schedule would be great for combinations.

The Manning/Harrison pairing, although a strong one in the past, isn't as tempting with the Colts facing one of the toughest schedules (based on last year's win/loss records). Likewise Addai, as much as we like him, doesn't have much of a track record yet. Colts pairings could be very risky this year.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Axl's Army » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:56 pm

I like pairing QB & WR and for no other reason than my first year of Fantasy Football was the year the Rams won the superbowl & I had Warner & Bruce.

Yo Mama is so fat . . .
Axl's Army
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: Do you like to pair your QB with his WR or RB?

Postby J2thez929 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:30 am

I think this thread needs a well-deserved bump. Plindsey's comments hit the nail on the head. It opened up a few things for me when i sit down and think of it. A QB/RB combo on a good offense is great! I never really though about that indepth enough b/c i go by the motto of take the best player available. But when you break this down, if someone like Bulger is available and i already have SJ, i will then target Bulger now. That goes for the Palmer rudy combo too. Great read and great points ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk