Mafia VIII: Day 1 (6 votes to lynch) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Mafia VIII: Day 1 (6 votes to lynch)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VHawk15 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:43 pm

Fair enough.

And I think I may agree with the early sentiments about dream. After looking back, it seems that he jumped on the deeray bandwagon for apparently no reason. He says:

dream_017 wrote:OK, still not much going on so lets get some action....halfway there

Vote = Deerayfan072

In my experience, another characteristic of a Mafia member is when they are anxious to lynch someone for the sake of "action," instead of thinking about the negatives of killing an innocent.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:01 pm

VHawk15 wrote:Fair enough.

And I think I may agree with the early sentiments about dream. After looking back, it seems that he jumped on the deeray bandwagon for apparently no reason. He says:

dream_017 wrote:OK, still not much going on so lets get some action....halfway there

Vote = Deerayfan072

In my experience, another characteristic of a Mafia member is when they are anxious to lynch someone for the sake of "action," instead of thinking about the negatives of killing an innocent.

I agree. I thought it was odd at the time and said so, but most thought it was me just trying to deflect. Eveeryone go back and look at Dreams posts. Not one of them is helpful or even makes much sense. Than he jumps in and votes for me when there is a run.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:48 pm

Tragedy Strikes Happy Town

While the mafia were on their wild hunt for victims, they saw a man walking out of a convenience store. The crazed mafia men walked up to him, shot him 50 times in the head, and then took his dead body in which they hung on a lamp post outside RiffRaff’s mom’s house.

His mom came out, and decided to have her way with him. Even though the man had been killed already by the mafia, his screams were heard by the entire neighborhood at the time he was with RiffRaff's mom. Scientists are still investigating what caused this phenomenon. Later, investigation's revealed that the man was no other then townie treat24.

No one was too upset about treat’s death, considering no one trusted him after the incident where he cried wolf one too many times. They even had a town motto about him “Never trust a treat”.

The mafia was nowhere to be found.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Popcynical » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:49 pm

Poor treat can never make it past the first day.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:49 pm

Day 2 will be up after the updates are completed tomorrow. You guys can still discuss here, but NO VOTING until the Day 2 thread is up.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:52 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Pop has posted 4 times

BG has voted like 15 and almost all of them have been votes very weird
I went back and checked dream has posted about 10-12 times, but most were about nothing except for the vote on me, very suspicious
Vhawk hasn't posted too much either

Deeray, now you're suspecting me? Oh how Mafia turns. If it wasn't for my interest in lynching someone that we were certain about, then you'd be dead right now.

It is true that I haven't posted an incredible amount, but they have all been substantive posts. I see no point in just saying something like "I'm so unsure right now."

Plus, I posted quite a bit last game when I was indeed Mafia.

Anyone else find it a bit suspicious that vhawk is basically telling deeray not to vote for him, since he didn't vote for deeray?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby eagles21 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:57 pm

Tragedy Strikes Happy Town

While the mafia were on their wild hunt for victims, they saw a man walking out of a convenience store. The crazed mafia men walked up to him, shot him 50 times in the head, and then took his dead body in which they hung on a lamp post outside RiffRaff’s mom’s house.

His mom came out, and decided to have her way with him. Even though the man had been killed already by the mafia, his screams were heard by the entire neighborhood at the time he was with RiffRaff's mom. Scientists are still investigating what caused this phenomenon. Later, investigation's revealed that the man was no other then townie treat24.

No one was too upset about treat’s death, considering no one trusted him after the incident where he cried wolf one too many times. They even had a town motto about him “Never trust a treat”.

The mafia was nowhere to be found.

eagles21 wrote:Day 2 will be up after the updates are completed tomorrow. You guys can still discuss here, but NO VOTING until the Day 2 thread is up.

Just bumping the writeup and this from the bottom of the last page.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

Postby treat24 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:35 pm

Booo...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby treat24 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:37 pm

Popcynical wrote:Poor treat can never make it past the first day.

again you mean...

cuz i'm pretty certain i'd made it to the end of every game i'd played before this ;-D

oh yeah:

boooooo.... you're all just too scared of me!

treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:13 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Anyone else find it a bit suspicious that vhawk is basically telling deeray not to vote for him, since he didn't vote for deeray?

Not sure how you extrapolated that. I was merely pointing out that if I was indeed a Mafia member, I would've gladly cast the final vote against deeray and then blown it off as if I was just a member of the bandwagon. Instead, I was interested in what his defense was, knowing the implications if we lynched someone innocent.

Thus, I was quite bewildered if deeray was insinuating that I could be suspicious, when he would know first hand that if I was Mafia, I could've killed him and probably not be suspected.

And could someone please explain to me the history of the whole "never trust a treat" thing? And why it is humorous to kill him quickly?

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk