How would you rank these 3rd year WRs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How would you rank these 3rd year WRs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How would you rank these 3rd year WRs?

Postby whodey#9 » Wed May 30, 2007 10:43 pm

Was checkin out which WRs are now in their third year and was wondering how you guys would rank them. Thanks

Reggie Brown
Mark Clayton
Braylon Edwards
Devery Henderson
Chris Henry
Vincent Jackson
Brandon Jones
Matt Jones
Nate Washington
Roddy White
Mike Williams
Troy Williamson
Last edited by whodey#9 on Wed May 30, 2007 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BlueBandit24 » Wed May 30, 2007 10:48 pm

Not sure if I want to hand out advice to a fellow league member but I'll humor you. :-D

1) Reggie Brown
2) Mark Clayton
3) Braylon Edwards
4) Vincent Jackson
5) Matt Jones
6) Devery Henderson
7) Nate Washington
8) Troy Williamson
9) Brandon Jones
10) Roddy White
11) Chris Henry
12) Mike Williams
Last edited by BlueBandit24 on Wed May 30, 2007 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby whodey#9 » Wed May 30, 2007 10:49 pm

oh... this is how I rank them just incase your curious

Reggie Brown
Vincent Jackson
Braylon Edwards
Mark Clayton
Matt Jones
Devery Henderson
Troy Williamson
Chris Henry (If it wasnt for the 8 game susp. he would be up 2 spots)
Nate Washington
Brandon Jones
Mike Williams
Roddy White
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Postby whodey#9 » Wed May 30, 2007 10:50 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:Not sure if I want to hand out advice to a fellow league member but I'll humor you. :-D

:-b thanks man, Ill try not to use it againt you }:-) ;-) :-D :-b
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed May 30, 2007 11:00 pm

Reggie Brown
Mark Clayton
Devery Henderson
Braylon Edwards
Vincent Jackson

After these guys i'm not all that interested in any of the rest of the recievers on this list. I'm really liking Clayton and Henderson this season though. Clayton showed last year that he is the number one reciever on the Ravens. If not for the injury he would have put up impressive numbers. Mason's a decent number 2 but nothing more. McGahee should also keep defenses honest. Henderson is the No. 2 guy in the Saints dynamic offense. He showed flashes last year but my only concern is that he may not be able to get the ball enough to be a reliable fantasy option.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby whodey#9 » Wed May 30, 2007 11:04 pm

Thanks GSOE, yeah Im not to high on the bottom of the list either but figured I should throw them in just to see what people think of them.... I agree Clayton looks pretty good, but I really like Vincent Jackson and Braylon Edwards better because of their size and thus redzone targets they will get. but I have all 3 pretty close together
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Postby sublimeandy » Thu May 31, 2007 7:15 am

i was very high on henderson so far too. i didn't like the fact that they drafted another wr though. henderson might be a boom or bust type guy this year, much like last year.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Verdun Barbarians » Thu May 31, 2007 7:42 am

I rank them pretty much like this:

1. Reggie Brown - Had an up-and-down campaing last year as he was hurt by the presence of Donté Stallworth. He showed great promise last year and he will be the clear #1 WR this year, although Kevin Curtis will probably receive his fair share of looks (as Brian Westbrooke will)

2. Braylon Edwards - Superstar material. If he can stay healthy, he could produce huge numbers. The only problem I see here is the QB question in Cleveland. I have doubts in Frye's abilities, but Quinn will be great in a year from now.

3. Mark Clayton - Great potential. But size will limit his possibilities, especially since he seems the have the part of a possession receiver.

4. Vincent Jackson - Good receiver. His main problem is that, even if he is the #1 WR, he will remain the #3 target in this offense behind Tomlinson and Gates. But the emergence of Rivers and the fact that the Chargers shown willingness to throw the football late in the season open some interesting possibilities.

5. Matt Jones - Pivotal year for both him and Byron Leftwich. Both have to show they deserve their status as starters for this team. He's a brilliant kid with incredible abilities. I think he will make huge strides in his developpement this season.

6. Brandon Jones - #1 option on this offense. Had only 27 catches in a full season last year. I also fear that Vince Young will develop into a younger version of Michael Vick :-o

7. Troy Williamson - Drops. That was the story for the last two years. I read somewhere he some vision problems and that he corrected them... Robert Ferguson used that excuse last year and he didn't improve much! Anyway, I doubt the Vikes' QB (s) will help him much this year.

8. Devery Henderson - He's been very inconsistent, although he showed some flashes. His main problems are the developpement of Colston and the fact that Reggie Bush will probably see an increase in his work load. And let's not forget the fact the Saints drafted WR Robert Meachem in the 1st round...

9. Nate Washington - Great potential, but he's the #3 WR in Pittsburgh (although there has been rumors of 4 WR sets in the steel city...). Good TD threat.

10. Roddy White - Great talent... But his QB is Michael Vick (for the moment ;-) )

11. Chris Henry - Probably the best pure talent on this list... But he spends more time facing the law than he does opposing defenses.

12. Mike Williams - Has a long way to go to prove he deserves a spot on an NFL roster...
Verdun Barbarians
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby logan » Thu May 31, 2007 8:16 am

Reggie Brown
Mark Clayton
Devery Henderson
Braylon Edwards
Vincent Jackson
Matt Jones

i'll take gsoe's list and add matt jones on there as well. he had some injuries last year that limited his overall chances and had wildly inconsistent QB play to go along with it. if whomever starts there this year can be halfway decent i think jones could put up pretty solid numbers.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Re: How would you rank these 3rd year WRs?

Postby princevincexoxo » Thu May 31, 2007 9:10 am

1. Braylon Edwards
2. Vincent Jackson
3. Reggie Brown
4. Mark Clayton
5. Chris Henry
6. Brandon Jones
7. Matt Jones
8. Devery Henderson
9. Mike Williams
10. Nate Washington
11. Roddy White