Idea to speed this along next year - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to 2007 Cafeholics Reshuffle

Idea to speed this along next year

Moderators: SwiperNoSwiping, The Balanced Man, Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:16 am

Jimboozie wrote:What difference does it make waiting after the NFL draft?

It doesn't matter who Calvin Johnson gets drafted by, he's still going to be the top WR. Everybody knows this in January, why wait until the draft? Waiting would make things easier for people who don't follow college football, but its not like we would have the reshuffle finished by April.

I would say, like with NFL the combine at least usually can change people's perceptions alot. Vernon Davis last year wasn't even the unanimous top TE but after the combine, everyone pegged him as one of the top 10-12 talents in the draft.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jimboozie » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:26 am

maddog60 wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:What difference does it make waiting after the NFL draft?

It doesn't matter who Calvin Johnson gets drafted by, he's still going to be the top WR. Everybody knows this in January, why wait until the draft? Waiting would make things easier for people who don't follow college football, but its not like we would have the reshuffle finished by April.

I would say, like with NFL the combine at least usually can change people's perceptions alot. Vernon Davis last year wasn't even the unanimous top TE but after the combine, everyone pegged him as one of the top 10-12 talents in the draft.

True dat. However, Joe Thomas (3.18) was the only rookie selected in the first four rounds here. By the time rookies become relevant in our draft, we would be really close to the combine and NFL draft.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:00 am

I think starting before the draft has drawbacks as well, but I could see starting after the combines.

Starting IMMEDIATELY after the draft would probably be best. We are moving along reasonably well, but even at this pace we're going to be pushing it to get done. Luckily there is only one more holiday between now and the start of the season. Memorial Day really slowed things down. We were moving much more quickly prior to the holiday.

PMs, paying attention, having players in mind before it's your turn - this is how we'll get done.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dolfin99 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:06 am

12 hour limit. If you miss it, the mods pick for you. ;-D
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to 2007 Cafeholics Reshuffle