Jamal Lewis - in best shape in 2 years - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jamal Lewis - in best shape in 2 years

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby northcuttfan » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:09 pm

yes i know northcutt isnt a brown anymore.. there loss..but anyways in my league im in ill prob switch him and cadallac in for shedules for the number 3 rb spot
northcuttfan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Munboy » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:38 pm

Doesn't matter what kind of shape you're in when you're running behind that Oline. :-D
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Jamal Lewis -- Ha!

Postby Hank_Scorpio » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:55 pm

Yeah, not drinking the Kool-Aid on this guy. No way.

Let's remember that Jamal Lewis will lose his two games per year vs. the Browns defence, and as compensation he gets to face the Ravens defence twice -- not exactly a good trade off.

The Browns' O-line will be better bu then it was simply awful last year. They better hope OT Joe Thomas is in the Orlando Pace-Jonathan Ogden mold and not the Tony Mandarich-Robert Gallery one.
I have the doomsday device!
Hank_Scorpio
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guru13 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:33 am

if he can stay focused and keep in shape, he may put together some kind of comeback, but it's impossible to say right now, he's got a lot of talent, we've seen it before, but if he's not determined to get back to his old form he'll never do it.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Hubarooski » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:15 am

I have heard this story before and bought into a couple years back and it ended up really costing me.

I am not saying I wouldn't take J-Lewis on my team, but I would have to get a bargain on him draft day.
Hubarooski
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TDxpressh » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:50 am

Not only do i think Jamal will prove his doubters wrong this season, I just love the fact that most dont buy into this because that just proves my point about being able to get a solid 2 rb in the 6th or 7tth round and getting top wrs before this as well, if not depth at rb too. I believe he will have a big impact but its all specualtion. My mouth waters thinking i could get possibly Willis, with the 10th pick followed up by Travis Henry with the 15th pick and rounding out my team before i got depth with jamal later on. My hopes are big and Im ready for some football...Jamal is a super Sleeper mark my words!!!!!!!
Never say Die!
TDxpressh
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Writer

Postby benb18a » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:14 pm

I will try to get him in the 5th as my RB3, but that never seems to happen in the mocks so far this offseason. Some douche snags him up early 5th round every single time :,-(

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby HowlingMadDirtDogs » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:00 pm

Best shape in years huh?

I trust that cliche about as much as any over the hill band whose newest album is always their "best work to date".
HowlingMadDirtDogs
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Felix the Cat » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:53 pm

TDxpressh wrote:Not only do i think Jamal will prove his doubters wrong this season, I just love the fact that most dont buy into this because that just proves my point about being able to get a solid 2 rb in the 6th or 7tth round and getting top wrs before this as well, if not depth at rb too. I believe he will have a big impact but its all specualtion. My mouth waters thinking i could get possibly Willis, with the 10th pick followed up by Travis Henry with the 15th pick and rounding out my team before i got depth with jamal later on. My hopes are big and Im ready for some football...Jamal is a super Sleeper mark my words!!!!!!!

The way most drafts are unfolding, you won't be able to get J-Lew in the 6th or 7th - seems like he's conservatively a mid 5th round choice, sometimes going in the 4th if someone is high on him.
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mattb47 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:02 pm

Felix the Cat wrote:
TDxpressh wrote:Not only do i think Jamal will prove his doubters wrong this season, I just love the fact that most dont buy into this because that just proves my point about being able to get a solid 2 rb in the 6th or 7tth round and getting top wrs before this as well, if not depth at rb too. I believe he will have a big impact but its all specualtion. My mouth waters thinking i could get possibly Willis, with the 10th pick followed up by Travis Henry with the 15th pick and rounding out my team before i got depth with jamal later on. My hopes are big and Im ready for some football...Jamal is a super Sleeper mark my words!!!!!!!

The way most drafts are unfolding, you won't be able to get J-Lew in the 6th or 7th - seems like he's conservatively a mid 5th round choice, sometimes going in the 4th if someone is high on him.

Yea, I don't see him slipping past the 5th in most drafts this year. I think he's a solid selection in round 5 taken as a #3 back there....I wouldn't mind grabbing him there this year.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk