Going to Roger Waters Concert Today.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Going to Roger Waters Concert Today..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:30 pm

moonhead wrote:
Coppermine wrote:I'd rather see David Gilmour just to see him play guitar. That was what made me such a huge PF fan. That's and pot. But mostly Gilmour's guitar solos.

word. i'm a gilmour fan. waters is an ass. but he was a brilliant song writer.

Agreed. Gilmour's new record "On An Island" was tremendous. It may as well be called a "Pink Floyd" record since Gilmour is essentially The Floyd now that Waters is out of the loop. I always disliked Waters' candor, but there's no denying his songwriting ability. Just curious, but does Waters sing anything from his solo recordings or is it a mix of both Floyd and solo work?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:34 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Coppermine wrote:I'd rather see David Gilmour just to see him play guitar. That was what made me such a huge PF fan. That's and pot. But mostly Gilmour's guitar solos.

word. i'm a gilmour fan. waters is an ass. but he was a brilliant song writer.

Agreed. Gilmour's new record "On An Island" was tremendous. It may as well be called a "Pink Floyd" record since Gilmour is essentially The Floyd now that Waters is out of the loop. I always disliked Waters' candor, but there's no denying his songwriting ability. Just curious, but does Waters sing anything from his solo recordings or is it a mix of both Floyd and solo work?

unfortunately, when i saw him, he did solo stuff as well. i only say unfortunately because he did some radio K.A.O.S. stuff. which pretty much all around sucks. the pros and cons of hitchhiking has its moments. and amused to death is a beautiful album. he did one song from kaos, and about 2 or three from the other 2. and then a song he had just written that had not been released at the time. it was called one small candle or something. kind of a dour note to end the concert on, but there was a message about the suffering of the third world in there.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby mrblitz » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:46 am

Just wanted to report on the Concert last night. By the way, I have a slight Hangover (surprise). I went into the concert with even keel expectations, and gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised. Roger was very good, and his band was great. The visuals and lighting were phenomenal. He did all Floyd stuff, no solo stuff which was great. And of course did Darkside from start to finish. All in all was 3 hours. As soon as he hit the stage , I couldn't believe how many people sparked up Doobies, in an indoor venue. I got my contact high for sure. ;-D

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:07 am

Sounds good man, have fun ;-D

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mrblitz » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:11 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Sounds good man, have fun ;-D

Thanks but I already went, you sure you read thru the post? :-? :-b

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:13 pm

mrblitz wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Sounds good man, have fun ;-D

Thanks but I already went, you sure you read thru the post? :-? :-b

Wooops, my bad. I did read the whole post, just wasn't really focusing on the timing.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to General Talk