RB sophmore slump - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

RB sophmore slump

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:58 am

Northcutt is playing WR in Jax? I thought he was a PR/KR man.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 011472 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:43 pm

One sophmore RB I think could be a bargain this year is DeAngelo Williams. He's got only DeShawn Foster to contend with in Carolina, and tons of talent. I'll be targeting him for a bargain price in my auction.
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:53 pm

011472 wrote:One sophmore RB I think could be a bargain this year is DeAngelo Williams. He's got only DeShawn Foster to contend with in Carolina, and tons of talent. I'll be targeting him for a bargain price in my auction.

I like DeAngelo as well. He showed great promise at the end of last year and proved to be both a good runner along with a solid receiver out of the backfield. When given the chance he was effective, as he tore up the Vikes #1 run D when the Panthers were at the Dome early in the year. Foster hasn't done anything to show that he is feature back material and I expect DeAngelo will assume that role this year.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby northcuttfan » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:58 pm

ya hes playing WR tooo.. a normal slot wr but played alot of #2 in cleveland with others injuries
northcuttfan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby sublimeandy » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:00 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:
011472 wrote:One sophmore RB I think could be a bargain this year is DeAngelo Williams. He's got only DeShawn Foster to contend with in Carolina, and tons of talent. I'll be targeting him for a bargain price in my auction.

I like DeAngelo as well. He showed great promise at the end of last year and proved to be both a good runner along with a solid receiver out of the backfield. When given the chance he was effective, as he tore up the Vikes #1 run D when the Panthers were at the Dome early in the year. Foster hasn't done anything to show that he is feature back material and I expect DeAngelo will assume that role this year.

i am going to try to pick up deangelo as my rb3 in the later rounds. i think he will be a steal.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby treat24 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:05 pm

sublimeandy wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:

i am going to try to pick up deangelo as my rb3 in the later rounds. i think he will be a steal.

define later rounds... you might have to look at him as early as 4 and as late as 8
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:10 pm

northcuttfan wrote:ya hes playing WR tooo.. a normal slot wr but played alot of #2 in cleveland with others injuries

I'm not sure how much time he will see really...they have 3 pretty young solid receivers, and they drafted a WR in the 3rd round who sounds like a slot guy to me.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:22 pm

treat24 wrote:
sublimeandy wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:

define later rounds... you might have to look at him as early as 4 and as late as 8

I think early middle rounds would be more appropriate. 6th round is probably as late as I'd let him slide.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby killiansjmd » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:30 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:
treat24 wrote:
sublimeandy wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:

I think early middle rounds would be more appropriate. 6th round is probably as late as I'd let him slide.

Deangelo's ADP from one site was 4.07 so you better not wait to long.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Felix the Cat » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:20 pm

aaawall91 wrote:
northcuttfan wrote:ya hes playing WR tooo.. a normal slot wr but played alot of #2 in cleveland with others injuries

I'm not sure how much time he will see really...they have 3 pretty young solid receivers, and they drafted a WR in the 3rd round who sounds like a slot guy to me.

Northcutt's got experience which gives him an edge over the 2 rookies (Mike Walker and John Broussard). From what I've been hearing, it will be an open competition between the three for the slot job. That said, the Jaguars don't use the slot too much, though these acquisitions might mean that they plan to change that this season. We haven't really had a good slot guy on the roster up until now, when we suddenly have a surplus.
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk