RB sophmore slump

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby sublimeandy » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:40 pm

killiansjmd wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:
treat24 wrote:
sublimeandy wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:
011472 wrote:One sophmore RB I think could be a bargain this year is DeAngelo Williams. He's got only DeShawn Foster to contend with in Carolina, and tons of talent. I'll be targeting him for a bargain price in my auction.

I like DeAngelo as well. He showed great promise at the end of last year and proved to be both a good runner along with a solid receiver out of the backfield. When given the chance he was effective, as he tore up the Vikes #1 run D when the Panthers were at the Dome early in the year. Foster hasn't done anything to show that he is feature back material and I expect DeAngelo will assume that role this year.

i am going to try to pick up deangelo as my rb3 in the later rounds. i think he will be a steal.

define later rounds... you might have to look at him as early as 4 and as late as 8

I think early middle rounds would be more appropriate. 6th round is probably as late as I'd let him slide.

Deangelo's ADP from one site was 4.07 so you better not wait to long.

4.07 eh? i don't really see that happening, i say 5th round would be a good time to take him.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sublimeandy » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:46 pm

i just looked over some mock drafts and they look completely unrealistic. i don't think anyone knows how they will really draft until the moment it happens. i looked over 4 or 5 drafts and there were RB1's going as late as the 7th round!! they just seemed very unrepresentative of how a real draft would go.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Timbathia » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:55 pm

sublimeandy wrote:
killiansjmd wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:
treat24 wrote:
sublimeandy wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:
011472 wrote:One sophmore RB I think could be a bargain this year is DeAngelo Williams. He's got only DeShawn Foster to contend with in Carolina, and tons of talent. I'll be targeting him for a bargain price in my auction.

I like DeAngelo as well. He showed great promise at the end of last year and proved to be both a good runner along with a solid receiver out of the backfield. When given the chance he was effective, as he tore up the Vikes #1 run D when the Panthers were at the Dome early in the year. Foster hasn't done anything to show that he is feature back material and I expect DeAngelo will assume that role this year.

i am going to try to pick up deangelo as my rb3 in the later rounds. i think he will be a steal.

define later rounds... you might have to look at him as early as 4 and as late as 8

I think early middle rounds would be more appropriate. 6th round is probably as late as I'd let him slide.

Deangelo's ADP from one site was 4.07 so you better not wait to long.

4.07 eh? i don't really see that happening, i say 5th round would be a good time to take him.

Middle of the fifth is the ADP for him right now from what I have seen.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby sublimeandy » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:07 pm

that's when i would be looking to take him
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous