Don't spit in the policeman's sandwich!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Don't spit in the policeman's sandwich!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Don't spit in the policeman's sandwich!!!

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:36 pm

At least I hope it was just spit!!! :-P

Officer Sues Over 'Mucousy' Sandwich

May 31, 5:05 PM (ET)

CHARLES CITY, Iowa (AP) - A police officer who claims his chicken sandwich was slimed by two teenage employees at a McDonald's restaurant is suing the fast food company.

Officer Josh Douglas said he was working nights two years ago and went through the McDonald's drive-thru in Charles City. He ordered a chicken sandwich, which came with lettuce and tomato.

Not liking vegetables, Douglas said he went to remove the toppings and discovered what he described as a mucousy substance holding them together.

"Fortunately, I don't like lettuce. Because if I did I would have at least taken one bite before I realized what was the matter," he said.

Douglas and another officer went inside the restaurant, where they found two teenagers working. The employees said they were imitating a prank in a movie in which a state trooper orders a burger and the cook spits phlegm on it.

Both boys were fired and one of them later apologized to Douglas, records show.

Douglas and his attorney, Joel Yunek, say they have negotiated with McDonald's for more than a year but have been unable to reach a settlement. They filed a lawsuit on May 8 in Floyd County District Court.

Yunek said they aren't looking "for the world."

"But certainly ... he is deserving of an apology. Certainly, he is deserving of some kind of compensation," Yunek said.

Douglas said it's not about money but about accountability and to ensure the restaurant takes measures to ensure their employees are handling food properly.

Sam Soifer, the owner of the Charles City franchise, said in a written statement to KIMT-TV in Mason City that the restaurant took immediate action to fire the employees and that McDonald's takes food safety seriously.

---

Information from: nat iadial/KIMT-TV
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:13 pm

i don't want a large farva.

moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:22 pm

I wonder how much the cop is trying to cash in for. if he would've eaten it that be one thing but he didn't. i wonder he dipi-sized it :-o
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Karoz » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:49 pm

Douglas said it's not about money but about accountability and to ensure the restaurant takes measures to ensure their employees are handling food properly.

If you are allergic to bull****, then don't read the quote above.

Honestly, what more can McDonald's do to prevent this kind of thing from happening? Firing the kids was punishment enough, in my opinion. I suppose they could fine the kids, or try to take them to court for damaging the restaurant's reputation, but it really doesn't seem like it would be worth the trouble.

Other than that, I don't know what the officer expects McDonald's to do. Maybe he thinks the employees should be required to wear glass bowls over their heads, or something equally ridiculous.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:54 pm

moonhead wrote:i don't want a large farva.

Super Troopers is a great movie. ;-D

Maybe the cop wants signs posted inside every single McDonalds that read, "Don't spit in a cop's burger!" Kind of like a disclaimer so McDonalds can't be sued for this type of incident ever again. :-b
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:59 pm

Karoz wrote:

If you are allergic to bull****, then don't read the quote above.

Honestly, what more can McDonald's do to prevent this kind of thing from happening? Firing the kids was punishment enough, in my opinion. I suppose they could fine the kids, or try to take them to court for damaging the restaurant's reputation, but it really doesn't seem like it would be worth the trouble.

Other than that, I don't know what the officer expects McDonald's to do. Maybe he thinks the employees should be required to wear glass bowls over their heads, or something equally ridiculous.

They make 'em wear hair nets - maybe they'll have to introduce new safety equipment for the protection of their customers...

stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:29 pm

The kids got fired, and gave an apology, and this guy wants more? Give me a break. You almost ate spit? Poor baby, let me get you some freaking diapers. Seriously, I hope the guys in his squad are giving him a hard time about having the maturity of a 6 year old.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:57 am

Thou art a litigious nation! Surely y'all can't be surprised that someone would file suit over such egregious behaviour.

stomperrob

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:17 am

I just don't get why is "deserved of some compensation". What happened to him? Nothing. Something almost happened to him, but he was lucky in this case. If I were him I wouldn't eat out ever again. Enough people hear this story and every sandwich he ever orders will be loogie laced.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Return to General Talk